LTH Home

Savoring Chicago newsletter

Savoring Chicago newsletter
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Savoring Chicago newsletter

Post #1 - November 30th, 2004, 1:19 pm
    Post #1 - November 30th, 2004, 1:19 pm Post #1 - November 30th, 2004, 1:19 pm
    Hello. Over a year ago I started a newsletter called Savoring Chicago that profiles the best food stores in the city and suburbs -- the butcher shops, fish markets, ethnic grocers, wine shops, bakeries, pastry shops, gourmet to go, cheese shops, and more.

So many reviews focus on restaurants, which are wonderful to frequent, but there are a wealth of great food stores, markets, and places that often get overlooked and where we go to for so much of our everyday eating. My goal is to not only put out this publication, but to help promote good eating and preserve the diversity of cuisines and foods we have here in Chicago.

While the members of LTH are pretty hard-core food lovers and may not need such a resource, a lot of my readers are discovering many of these purveyors for the first time. I'm looking for help to spread the word about the newsletter (actually, it's more of a mini-magazine) as I have no advertising budget. Anything members can do would be most appreciated.

I invite you to visit my website at www.savoringchicago.com for more information. Each issue runs 16 pages, is distributed quarterly, and a subscription runs $20/year. So far I have convered: butcher shops, fish markets, ice cream/gelato, Devon Ave., Andersonville, and wine shops. If any of you decide to subscribe, I welcome any feedback you may have. Suggestions are welcome. Thanks, Lydia Marchuk, editor.
    2735 N. Clark St.
    Box 173
    Chicago, IL 60614
    Tel 773. 281.8896
    Fax 773.281.8907

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles