LTH Home

Minos Imports, Addison: Greek Groceries Plus

Minos Imports, Addison: Greek Groceries Plus
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Minos Imports, Addison: Greek Groceries Plus

- April 9th, 2006, 10:29 am
    - April 9th, 2006, 10:29 am Post #1 - April 9th, 2006, 10:29 am
    More on Minos

I owe responses to a couple of people concerning questions about Minos.

Stevez: Yes, they carry a number of brands of slivovitz:

Geo: Yes, they carry several Bulgarian wines, as well as wines from all the other wine producers of the Balkans. Note the handsome labels on the bottles of Serbian wine shown above.

Another recent weekend visit to Minos sent us on our way with some more roast lamb. Crispy skin, tender and moist flesh, well-seasoned and very tasty. We had the lamb with some of their house-made yogurt (I state again that this item is outstanding) and also a dollop of sauce of my own invention that one could legitimately call a ‘pesto’ (no, not at all related to the Genoese one, though) but resembling also a Catalan romesco. Nice complements to the lamb were both.

Alongside the meat we had some khylopítes dressed in a Greek tomato sauce of my own preparation and thereafter a salad of mixed greens, chopped vegetables, olives and feta. A delicious meal that was quickly put together (the pesto having been prepared earlier in the day).

Antonius
    Alle Nerven exzitiert von dem gewürzten Wein -- Anwandlung von Todesahndungen -- Doppeltgänger --
    - aus dem Tagebuch E.T.A. Hoffmanns, 6. Januar 1804.
    ________
    Na sir is na seachain an cath.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more