LTH Home

Joe's Sausage and Cheese Stands Alone notes

Joe's Sausage and Cheese Stands Alone notes
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Joe's Sausage and Cheese Stands Alone notes

Post #1 - July 16th, 2004, 2:35 pm
    Post #1 - July 16th, 2004, 2:35 pm Post #1 - July 16th, 2004, 2:35 pm
    Joe's Sausage has taken down all the dried sausages on the wall. Joe said the city that works made them do it. Has this been happening at the many Polish or other ethnic sausage shops?

There is a for sale sign on Joe's building. Going to the real estate firm's web site, I found that they are advertising immediate availability on the commercial space. I was reluctant to ask him about that this morning as he was busy mixing sausage and clearly in a bad mood. This does not look good, particularly since several months ago he was muttering about retiring.

The Cheese Stands Alone has increased their supply of fresh mozzarella. Matt said he figured it was time for that when his supply sold out quickly on Tuesday (day of Lincoln Square farmers' market).

Fresh mozzarella plus Genovese basil and dead ripe tomatoes from the garden make me look forward to dinner.
  • Post #2 - July 16th, 2004, 3:03 pm
    Post #2 - July 16th, 2004, 3:03 pm Post #2 - July 16th, 2004, 3:03 pm
    e:

Could you give the addresses? Any more info on the cheese place or a link to an older post?

Thanks in advance...

A
    Alle Nerven exzitiert von dem gewürzten Wein -- Anwandlung von Todesahndungen -- Doppeltgänger --
    - aus dem Tagebuch E.T.A. Hoffmanns, 6. Januar 1804.
    ________
    Na sir is na seachain an cath.
  • Post #3 - July 16th, 2004, 3:38 pm
    Post #3 - July 16th, 2004, 3:38 pm Post #3 - July 16th, 2004, 3:38 pm
    http://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=277
  • Post #4 - July 16th, 2004, 3:43 pm
    Post #4 - July 16th, 2004, 3:43 pm Post #4 - July 16th, 2004, 3:43 pm
    Joe's Sausages is located at 4452 N. Western, near the corner of Sunnyside, west side of street. The Cheese Stands Alone is a couple doors south of Wilson on Western, east side of the street and a little bit down the road from Joe's. I am in the minority in my opinion of Joe's sausages--I think Joe survives more on the basis of "personality" and the fetishization of authenticity than he does the quality of his sausages. I want to like Joe's, but my taste buds won't let me....The Cheese Stands Alone, on the other hand, is a great shop.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more