LTH Home

Heybeck's Meat Market

Heybeck's Meat Market
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Heybeck's Meat Market

Post #1 - September 4th, 2018, 6:27 pm
    Post #1 - September 4th, 2018, 6:27 pm Post #1 - September 4th, 2018, 6:27 pm
    I did a search, and this place doesn't show up at all on LTH -- but I'm hoping that someone knows about it and simply hasn't gotten around to posting.

Small but impressive meat market (at least at the Palatine location -- apparently there is more than one outlet) specializing in prime beef, though it also offers a lot of other options, from prepared chicken breasts (stuffed with cheese and artichokes, for example) to smoked sausages to prepared and frozen fish fillets to sauces and rubs -- all house made. Also does catering (does whole roast pigs). I was just checking it out because I'd seen an ad for it in the local Clipper magazine, and it looked tempting -- though I was heading somewhere else and didn't want meat in the car in 80-degree weather, so all I bought was a beef stick as a snack. (Very nice.)

So anyone know this place? I don't have the opportunity to cook on the scale some of you do, so it will take me a while to try more than a couple of items, so I thought I'd find out if there are recommendations of where to start.

Heybeck's Meat Market
    333 W Northwest Hwy, Palatine, IL 60067
    Phone: (847) 358-3820
    http://heybecks.com/
    "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." Ronald Reagan

http://midwestmaize.wordpress.com
  • Post #2 - September 21st, 2018, 2:01 pm
    Post #2 - September 21st, 2018, 2:01 pm Post #2 - September 21st, 2018, 2:01 pm
    I accessed the website and noted they have another location in Barrington as Meeske's. When I grew up in Mount Prospect in the 1960s there was a Meeske's grocery store in downtown Mt. Prospect (where Central bakery is now located). My mom used to buy meat at Meeske's. I wonder if it is the same family.
    What disease did cured ham actually have?

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more