LTH Home

Rogers Park Food Coop?

Rogers Park Food Coop?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Rogers Park Food Coop?

Post #1 - July 7th, 2018, 11:41 am
    Post #1 - July 7th, 2018, 11:41 am Post #1 - July 7th, 2018, 11:41 am
    Hi- I was at the Evanston farmer's market this morning, and the Rogers Park Food Coop had a table set up. I said I had never heard of them, and I asked if they were open yet. They said no they were not, but they were actively looking for locations. They are looking for a location in either the Northern part of Rogers Park or in South Evanston. I suggested they look at the old Whole Foods location on Chicago Avenue. I put my name and email on their mailing list. I said I had some concerns about whether they could compete price wise with Whole Foods. They said they thought that some of their prices would be higher than WF, and some of their prices would be lower. I suggested that they post here promoting their coop, and one of the gentlemen said they should do that. He used to work for Spice House, and so he was familiar with LTH. They have a Facebook page in case anyone is interested.

facebook.com/RogersParkFood

Hope this helps, Nancy
  • Post #2 - July 7th, 2018, 12:22 pm
    Post #2 - July 7th, 2018, 12:22 pm Post #2 - July 7th, 2018, 12:22 pm
    NFriday wrote:They are looking for a location in either the Northern part of Rogers Park or in South Evanston. I suggested they look at the old Whole Foods location on Chicago Avenue.

Not sure the details are completely worked out, but there's been lots of discussion about Binny's going in there.
  • Post #3 - July 13th, 2018, 12:15 am
    Post #3 - July 13th, 2018, 12:15 am Post #3 - July 13th, 2018, 12:15 am
    When I left the Jewel across the street on Chicago Avenue, I saw the sign for Binny's.

Is anybody here a member of the Rogers Park Food Coop? Membership costs $250, but you can pay it in installments. I have a hard time believing that they are going to be able to come up with enough members to make a go of it. They just cannot compete price wise with Whole Foods on most things.
  • Post #4 - October 18th, 2018, 4:25 pm
    Post #4 - October 18th, 2018, 4:25 pm Post #4 - October 18th, 2018, 4:25 pm
    An interesting article on WBEZ today about why Chicago has almost no co-ops and why many are planning on coming here.

https://www.wbez.org/shows/curious-city ... 77e8985d60

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more