LTH Home

paczki

paczki
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 10 of 10 
  • Post #271 - February 15th, 2018, 3:48 pm
    Post #271 - February 15th, 2018, 3:48 pm Post #271 - February 15th, 2018, 3:48 pm
    Our office treated us to paczki from Firecakes. I thought they were pretty perfect (I am no expert), although we only got two varieties, Raspberry, and Bavarian Cream with chocolate coating on top. They were slight smaller than most paczki I've seen elsewhere, I would say about 2.5" diameter. The pastry was light and fluffy, not dry, and fillings were tasty and authentic and did not taste like it had any thickeners, and in a good proportion to the pastry size.

As for Bridgeport Bakery, our boss has gotten us some from there in the past. I found them dry, and one did not have any filling at all although the hole where the piping bag was inserted had a dab of jelly as if to trick you into thinking there was something inside. Whether deliberate or accidental, it did not leave a good impression on me as to Bridgeport's goods. Just made me think people go there for the old school, nostalgia factor rather than an actual well-made pastry.
  • Post #272 - February 15th, 2018, 7:36 pm
    Post #272 - February 15th, 2018, 7:36 pm Post #272 - February 15th, 2018, 7:36 pm
    As usual, Delightful Pastries for me. Perfect as always - strawberries with whipped cream and also passion fruit. I normally go for more including the wonderful boozy fillings, but I was feeling slightly cheap this year.
    I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted, cured meats. (Seinfeld)

Twitter: brbinchicago
  • Post #273 - February 16th, 2018, 6:53 am
    Post #273 - February 16th, 2018, 6:53 am Post #273 - February 16th, 2018, 6:53 am
    The usual Shop & Save pączki for me. Solid, as always, with the amount of filling (not very much) I prefer, and the right kind of rich, challah/brioche-like dough. They must have had nearly a thousand of them on pan racks for you to help yourselves to. I just bought the usual: rosehip, plum, and plain.
  • Post #274 - February 16th, 2018, 7:56 am
    Post #274 - February 16th, 2018, 7:56 am Post #274 - February 16th, 2018, 7:56 am
    Hi,

Last year, I hosted a luncheon at Old Warsaw for my mushroom club. They had one style of paczki available: plum with an orange peel glaze. It was very good.

I bought some paczki at Shop and Save, too. I thought I was buying plum, though I bought plain instead. I had some raspberry, blackberry and blueberry jam at home I smeared on. Next time I will be more careful about what I pick out.

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #275 - March 1st, 2018, 1:58 pm
    Post #275 - March 1st, 2018, 1:58 pm Post #275 - March 1st, 2018, 1:58 pm
    I didn't get to my beloved Cumberland Bakery this year for paczki.

Our work cafeteria had received a delivery of paczki from Poppie's Dough, whoa were they bad, not edible, tried two kinds. https://www.poppiesbakeshop.com
    -
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more