LTH Home

Glazed bbq

Glazed bbq
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Glazed bbq

Post #1 - August 29th, 2004, 7:58 pm
    Post #1 - August 29th, 2004, 7:58 pm Post #1 - August 29th, 2004, 7:58 pm
    I remember having a bbq item at Taste of Chicago some years back.Korean,I think.It had a sweet glaze.I remember Gary saying he does not add sauce while cooking.However I like the way this caramelized.I assume they did not marinate it and did not apply until near the end of the cooking process as it was not burnt.Does this sound right?
  • Post #2 - August 30th, 2004, 8:39 am
    Post #2 - August 30th, 2004, 8:39 am Post #2 - August 30th, 2004, 8:39 am
    hattyn wrote:I remember having a bbq item at Taste of Chicago some years back.Korean,I think.It had a sweet glaze.I remember Gary saying he does not add sauce while cooking.However I like the way this caramelized.I assume they did not marinate it and did not apply until near the end of the cooking process as it was not burnt.Does this sound right?

Here's a great sweet glaze to baste on ribs immediately after taking them off the fire.

Danny's Glaze
    1/3 cup vinegar
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1/3 cup yellow mustard

Mix and bring to a simmer and turn off heat.
    Brush on ribs immediately after cooking.
    Last edited by Bruce on August 31st, 2004, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Bruce
    Plenipotentiary
    bruce@bdbbq.com

Raw meat should NOT have an ingredients list!!
  • Post #3 - August 31st, 2004, 1:18 am
    Post #3 - August 31st, 2004, 1:18 am Post #3 - August 31st, 2004, 1:18 am
    Bruce,

According to my recollection and notes, Danny updated the glaze formula as follows:

1 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup mustard
    1/4-1/3 cup apple cider vinegar

All ingredience need to be mixed at room temperature to prevent separation. Heat untill it gets to a simmer and stir a few times during the process. Allow to rest until cool, for this makes it thicken and stick to the meat better. Enjoy. Apply to ribs IMMEDIATELY after taking them off the pit. One heavy glaze will do. Use a pastry brush. If using glaze on butts, loins, or tenderloins, apply a couple of times about 20 minutes or so before removing meat from pit, then once again after meat is off. This is if you are cooking indirect, not over direct heat.

Bill/SFNM[/quote]
  • Post #4 - August 31st, 2004, 5:43 am
    Post #4 - August 31st, 2004, 5:43 am Post #4 - August 31st, 2004, 5:43 am
    Bill/SFNM wrote:Bruce,

According to my recollection and notes, Danny updated the glaze formula as follows:

1 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup mustard
    1/4-1/3 cup apple cider vinegar

All ingredience need to be mixed at room temperature to prevent separation. Heat untill it gets to a simmer and stir a few times during the process. Allow to rest until cool, for this makes it thicken and stick to the meat better. Enjoy. Apply to ribs IMMEDIATELY after taking them off the pit. One heavy glaze will do. Use a pastry brush. If using glaze on butts, loins, or tenderloins, apply a couple of times about 20 minutes or so before removing meat from pit, then once again after meat is off. This is if you are cooking indirect, not over direct heat.

Bill/SFNM
    [/quote]

Your right Bill. I'm posting off an old computer where I don't have any recipes. I used the first recipe Danny developed because it was easy to remember and I won my first ond only BBQ contest with the recipe.

I've always thought that glaze might be good on chicken, but have never tried it yet.
    Bruce
    Plenipotentiary
    bruce@bdbbq.com

Raw meat should NOT have an ingredients list!!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more