LTH Home

Atlanta to Indianapolis

Atlanta to Indianapolis
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Atlanta to Indianapolis

Post #1 - November 7th, 2005, 7:30 pm
    Post #1 - November 7th, 2005, 7:30 pm Post #1 - November 7th, 2005, 7:30 pm
    Later this month, we will be driving to Indianapolis from the Atlanta area. We will be taking I-75 to Chattanooga, I-24 to Nashville and I-65 to Indianapolis. Where should we eat along our route?
  • Post #2 - November 7th, 2005, 9:00 pm
    Post #2 - November 7th, 2005, 9:00 pm Post #2 - November 7th, 2005, 9:00 pm
    Milt wrote:Later this month, we will be driving to Indianapolis from the Atlanta area. We will be taking I-75 to Chattanooga, I-24 to Nashville and I-65 to Indianapolis. Where should we eat along our route?

I've driven that route several times and have never found anything outstanding. Frankly, the best recommendation I can make is Cracker Barrel and there are many of them orr any other chain you can tolerate. I do like Krystal's though. Otherwise, you might pack a sandwich or two, stay on the road, and try to make Shapiro's Deli in downtown Indianapolis or Carmel.
    Bruce
    Plenipotentiary
    bruce@bdbbq.com

Raw meat should NOT have an ingredients list!!
  • Post #3 - November 7th, 2005, 10:40 pm
    Post #3 - November 7th, 2005, 10:40 pm Post #3 - November 7th, 2005, 10:40 pm
    In Chattanooga, the Pickle Barrel is a really good choice for lunch. An ancient, triangle-shaped building (if you are lucky, you can sit right in the apex). Pick up some Moon Pies at the source. If you're taking time for sightseeing, you could do a lot worse than downtown Chattanooga, too. Although the old favorites also beckon.
    JiLS
  • Post #4 - November 8th, 2005, 12:16 pm
    Post #4 - November 8th, 2005, 12:16 pm Post #4 - November 8th, 2005, 12:16 pm
    I can get you from Atl to Chatt. Mile marker 317/318 be sure to stop at the New Echota HQ of the Cherokee Indians for a bit of history. Then in Dalton, on Walnut St is a whole section of outstanding Mexican restaurants, and a pretty good Mexican grocery as well.

Chattanooga has a plethora of roadfood places. Go downtown and you cna choose from many, but I'll recommend a few.
    Big River Grille, by the aquarium.
    English Rose, best English Tea Room I have ever seen.
    Porker's, excellent BBQ place.
    Zarzour's. Epitome of roadfood. Off Main St, and only open from 11am to 2 pm daily.

Good luck!
  • Post #5 - November 8th, 2005, 12:32 pm
    Post #5 - November 8th, 2005, 12:32 pm Post #5 - November 8th, 2005, 12:32 pm
    I just got done reading an article about Chattanooga before I opened this thread. Not about food, but great reading for anyone planning on passing through.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more