LTH Home

South Florida low-key wedding venue with yummy food?

South Florida low-key wedding venue with yummy food?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • South Florida low-key wedding venue with yummy food?

Post #1 - June 19th, 2017, 8:32 pm
    Post #1 - June 19th, 2017, 8:32 pm Post #1 - June 19th, 2017, 8:32 pm
    My oldest, dearest childhood friend is getting married in the Miami area at the end of October, and is trying to figure out where. You guys were so awesome in helping me figure out similar (albeit local) conundrum - wow, is it really almost 8 years ago now? - that I thought I'd give it a try by proxy for her. In her dreams, she would get married barefoot on the beach in the Keys (hubby-to-be is also a marine biologist, and she is kind of a hippie), but late October in Florida is hurricane season, and this plan seems...unwise, or at least in need of a backup plan other than in the picnic shelter at a state park.

So, a challenge: does anyone know a place in the Miami area with an actual roof available if needed, delicious but reasonably priced food (cuisine flexible - apparently the groom is a big Indian food fan), and a nice view? Or alternately, a venue that doesn't do food itself, but allows outside catering? We both share a dislike for overpriced rubber chicken. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

(Darnit, I should have asked how many people she is inviting - it's a second wedding later in life, so I don't think it will be 200 people or something.)

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more