LTH Home

Ponte le camiseta: La Roja de Todos in Queens

Ponte le camiseta: La Roja de Todos in Queens
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Ponte le camiseta: La Roja de Todos in Queens

Post #1 - April 24th, 2017, 7:03 pm
    Post #1 - April 24th, 2017, 7:03 pm Post #1 - April 24th, 2017, 7:03 pm
    This may only be of interest to David Hammond and me, but I was glad to see that there's a new Chilean restaurant in New York, especially since the only Chilean restaurant previously in New York, Pomaire, which I was glad to have a chance to go to once, has closed. As I lamented in another thread, we have no Chilean restauran in Chicago any more, since Rapa Nui/Latin Sandwich Cafe closed.

"La Roja" (the red) is a reference to the Chilean national soccer team. "Poner la camiseta" means "to put on the team jersey," and one hears it at times like when Chile's in the World Cup but also during hard times -- drought, blackouts, earthquake, forest fires, political turmoil -- in the sense of, we're all on the same team; let's work together and get through this. It's a sentiment I'm pleased to be reminded of by the name of this restaurant. La Roja de Todos. Everybody's team. David, if you're ever in New York, they have pastel de choclo for you there, and great big empanadas de pino too.

108-02 Northern Blvd
    Queens, NY 11368
    (718) 424-3055
    "Your swimming suit matches your eyes, you hold your nose before diving, loving you has made me bananas!"

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more