LTH Home

Warsaw and Krakow: meals to keep me warm?

Warsaw and Krakow: meals to keep me warm?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Warsaw and Krakow: meals to keep me warm?

Post #1 - January 25th, 2014, 5:07 am
    Post #1 - January 25th, 2014, 5:07 am Post #1 - January 25th, 2014, 5:07 am
    Work has me in Poland, Krakow for one night and Warsaw for three. What to eat? I've spent time in Warsaw before and have tried several recommended traditional restaurants with Polish business associates. I'm looking for modern takes on Eastern European food. Or, great food of other ethnic traditions. Thanks.
  • Post #2 - January 25th, 2014, 6:20 am
    Post #2 - January 25th, 2014, 6:20 am Post #2 - January 25th, 2014, 6:20 am
    Pod Baranem in Krakow has a broad menu with both traditional Polish and more modern takes on the cuisine. It is located in my favorite part of town, near Wawel and Old Town. A reservation would probably be wise.
    If you need a break from Polish food, Ancora is more continental and one of my Krakow go-tos.
  • Post #3 - September 15th, 2018, 11:11 am
    Post #3 - September 15th, 2018, 11:11 am Post #3 - September 15th, 2018, 11:11 am
    I had a couple of simple meals in Krakow. First, a lovely breakfast at Czeczotka Cocktail bar, just off the main square at Wislna. I had "sweet challa" in English and it was very light french toast with mascarpone and fresh berries. Coffee included for about $7. Next, some delicious potato pancakes with sour cream at Domowe Przysmaki, again off the main square on Slawkowska. They serve traditional Polish food and were always busy when I passed by.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more