LTH Home

Tommy's Chili Cheeseburger Los Angeles [Pictures]

Tommy's Chili Cheeseburger Los Angeles [Pictures]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Tommy's Chili Cheeseburger Los Angeles [Pictures]

Post #1 - October 24th, 2004, 5:01 am
    Post #1 - October 24th, 2004, 5:01 am Post #1 - October 24th, 2004, 5:01 am
    Tommy's double chili cheeseburger, fries, extra onions and sport peppers please. Just the simple act of typing these words makes me smile. :)

I simply do not understand why anyone wanting a burger in the Los Angles area would go anyplace but the original Tommy's, Beverly and Rampart.

The original Tommy's at the intersection of Beverly and Rampart draws people from all walks of life and every corner of the world, including this Chicagoan every time he is within a 50-mile radius.

Yes, Jay's Jayburger is delicious, a double cheese In-N-Out animal-style a treat, and I agree, in principle, with Calvin Trillin
  • Post #2 - October 25th, 2004, 12:00 pm
    Post #2 - October 25th, 2004, 12:00 pm Post #2 - October 25th, 2004, 12:00 pm
    I love both Tommy's and it's original location. If there was a god of grease, his name would certainly be Tommy.

It should be noted that when you order a double Tommy Burger, you not only get to enjoy it's flavor when you eat it, but also for the rest of the afternoon and sometimes the evening that you ate it.
  • Post #3 - October 25th, 2004, 12:17 pm
    Post #3 - October 25th, 2004, 12:17 pm Post #3 - October 25th, 2004, 12:17 pm
    Last night I had a double cheeseburger wth everything and grilled onions at Byron's on Irving.

I wonder, if Byron's were dropped onto Sunset, would it not be on the list with Jay's and Tommy's. I think so. I wondered if I just liked Byron's because the little roadhouse/shack looks the part. The hot dogs aren't great, IMO. But the double cheeseburger is pretty darn good.

Hey, Diner/Dinner Grill's on Irving too. And they serve a respectable version of that Cincy/Macedonian chili forls are discussing elsewhere.

Irving Park: Great Chicago Burger street?
  • Post #4 - October 25th, 2004, 1:36 pm
    Post #4 - October 25th, 2004, 1:36 pm Post #4 - October 25th, 2004, 1:36 pm
    Next time, you're way out west on Irving near Cumberland, check out Bob O's burgers and beef. For my money that's the best double cheeseburger in town.
  • Post #5 - October 25th, 2004, 2:51 pm
    Post #5 - October 25th, 2004, 2:51 pm Post #5 - October 25th, 2004, 2:51 pm
    JeffB wrote:Last night I had a double cheeseburger wth everything and grilled onions at Byron's on Irving.

I wonder, if Byron's were dropped onto Sunset, would it not be on the list with Jay's and Tommy's. I think so. I wondered if I just liked Byron's because the little roadhouse/shack looks the part. The hot dogs aren't great, IMO. But the double cheeseburger is pretty darn good.

Hey, Diner/Dinner Grill's on Irving too. And they serve a respectable version of that Cincy/Macedonian chili forls are discussing elsewhere.

Irving Park: Great Chicago Burger street?

To a certain extent, I think you are right. But is not that also 'cause there is someone like Jon Gold glorifying this food weekly. In Chicago, you have a top 20 restaurant list that cannot even concieve anything a certain genre of chef-centric dining (c.f., Arun's).

Rob
  • Post #6 - November 8th, 2004, 1:28 am
    Post #6 - November 8th, 2004, 1:28 am Post #6 - November 8th, 2004, 1:28 am
    gary....

just LOOKING at the double chili burgers + lil chilis JPGS gives me the heartburns... don't forget the mountain dew!

been to about half a dozen tommy's, ranging from Fountain Valley, Norwalk, Long Beach, Rowland Hts, original location, etc. and can still give you directions for all of 'em if needed ;)

I've given up on In-n-Out simply because they refuse to stock mayo. i can't eat a burger w/o mayo. since returning to LA after college, i've realized INO burgers summons my gag reflex. so whenever i go, i can only order 2 fries and a strawberry shake.

Now. on towards Corner Bistro in NYC t'row!

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more