LTH Home

columbus, ohio

columbus, ohio
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - June 14th, 2011, 8:58 pm
    - June 14th, 2011, 8:58 pm Post #61 - June 14th, 2011, 8:58 pm
    Kennyz wrote:The shawarma at Pita Hut n Grille is fantastic ... It was juicy, flavorful, and had plenty of charred, tasty bits. Tahini, cabbage, raw onion, and chopped tomato all tasted fresh and added brightness to this superb sandwich, which was served on fresh pita they said is baked and delivered daily.
    I can't argue with Kenny - it's a great shawarma sandwich. The side order of falafel I got was good as well - fried to order, crisp on the outside, moist and pleasantly herbaceous inside. The only downside was that the one guy working there was painfully slow, and my to-go order took almost 20 minutes to prepare (he was also preparing a combo plate for the one other patron).

On the ride back to my hotel, I spotted Just Pies and quickly pulled off the road to grab a pie. I tried the chocolate silk pie, which was solid. The filling itself was rich and chocolaty, but too sweet for my taste. The crust was nice and flaky, but being lard-based, lacked the butter flavor I prefer. It also appeared to be mechanically pressed in to the tin, which gave it a machine-made aesthetic. All-in-all, a great pie if you're in the area, but not destination-worthy.

Silk Pie

Just Pies
    5212-B N. High Street
    Columbus, OH 43214

-Dan

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles