LTH Home

columbus, ohio

columbus, ohio
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - August 3rd, 2009, 2:37 pm
    - August 3rd, 2009, 2:37 pm Post #61 - August 3rd, 2009, 2:37 pm
    The shawarma at Pita Hut n Grille is fantastic - on par with Salam, in my opinion. The sides are great too. Lunch today was WAY better than I expected to find while randomly driving around in search of something non-chainlike.

Shawarma sandwich, side of roasted cauliflower salad

The cook told me that the shawarma is 80% lamb and 20% turkey. It was juicy, flavorful, and had plenty of charred, tasty bits. Tahini, cabbage, raw onion, and chopped tomato all tasted fresh and added brightness to this superb sandwich, which was served on fresh pita they said is baked and delivered daily. I got a terrific roasted cauliflower salad on the side, with beautiful caramelization that lent a sweet, smoky flavor that was contrasted nicely by mild but briny chopped green olives.

The Rotisserie:

My kind of neighbors:

No idea what the middle eastern scene in Columbus is like, but if there are other places putting out food this good, the town is very lucky to have em.

Pita Hut N Grille
    4965 N High St Edit
    Columbus, OH
    ...defended from strong temptations to social ambition by a still stronger taste for tripe and onions." Screwtape in The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis

Fuckerberg on Food

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more