LTH Home

columbus, ohio

columbus, ohio
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • columbus, ohio

- June 29th, 2007, 10:05 am
    - June 29th, 2007, 10:05 am Post #1 - June 29th, 2007, 10:05 am
    Hyde Park Grille is still in Upper Arlington...and another location opened up on "the cap" which is a group of storefronts on top of the I-670 highway in between the short north and downtown. There's also a location in Dublin (an outlying suburb), but I'd stray away from that one. Although I have never been to Hyde Park, I've heard good things. The "cap" location might be more convienient if you stay at a hotel in downtown, but the Upper Arlington location has a little more history behind it. As for the Mexican restaurant in Clintonville, it's probably Talita's, which is considered more of a Tex-Mex/Brownsville restaurant. I've been there once or twice, and the menu is pretty standard; any combination of tortillas, beef, chicken, cheese, beans, and spinach. Talita's has been in Columbus for a while, so I bet they get regular patronage. For more of a taqueria experience in Columbus, you have to travel west on Broad st., or go to Cuco's, which isn't too far from Hyde Park Grille in Upper Arlington. The menu has a little more to offer, and the atmosphere is generally friendly. OSU has a pretty extensive list of Latin American restaurants, with some reviews as well. The two restaurants you list are sort of Columbus standbys, so I will make another suggestion. Nancy's Home Cooking, just a few blocks north of Talita's, is a very cozy restaurant with a wind around counter. There are often long waits and the place is packed for a reason. It's becoming harder to find a true down home American restaurant, but Nancy's has survived. Prices are pretty cheap, and the menu is generally the homemade special of the day- it could be meatloaf, or chicken and noodles. It's the sort of road food/dinerlike restaurant that you'd be surprised to find in the middle of Clintonville. Nancy's is also generally considered one of the best breakfast places in Columbus.

http://quepasa.osu.edu/culture.html (OSU's list of Latin American restaurants)

Hyde Park Grille
    1615 Old Henderson Rd
    Columbus, OH 43220
    (614) 442-3310

Talita's
    2977 N High St
    Columbus, OH 43202
    (614) 262-6000

Cuco's
    2162 Henderson Rd.
    Columbus, OH 43220
    (614) 538-8701