LTH Home

Uncle John's BBQ [Mack is Back]

Uncle John's BBQ [Mack is Back]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Uncle John's BBQ [Mack is Back]

- July 13th, 2006, 5:28 pm
    - July 13th, 2006, 5:28 pm Post #1 - July 13th, 2006, 5:28 pm
    ChiNOLA wrote:Paid Mr. Mack a return vitsit for lunch today & though he didn't have any slabs ready, we went with some fantastic BBQ chicken out of the smoker - moist, tender, smoky, spot on.

Links & Tips were every bit as good as last time - in a word, outstanding.

Ive been 5 or 6 times now this summer - almost always going with the tip-link combination. Looking back over my first report, I see I may not have left the impression that it was completely outstanding, so Id like to correct it... the last 3 or 4 times it *has* been awesome. That is, not a single piece of tip overcooked or hard... there is a *lot* of food, and pretty much every piece of meat has been almost perfectly cooked! The man is an artist. (Of course, Ive also had the sense to not go right between lunch and dinner time :-)

Also tried their slab, and it was excellent as well (it actually wasnt ready at about 6pm - he told me it would be in just under an hour. So I drove down to Thats-a-burger for a cheeseburger before returning - that really is a pretty decent burger). By 7pm the first slabs were ready, and were very good.

Thanks for the chicken tip - will try that the next time (I think they actually have a tip-link-chicken combo, which may well be the way to go).

I do think the sauce at Honey One is probably better than at Uncle John's... but overall, in my personal opinion, UJ's may be the best BBQ spot around already (though, about 3 weeks ago, I did get one slab from Honey One which was stunningly good).

c8w

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more