LTH Home

Anyone been to Apart Pizza Company on Montrose?

Anyone been to Apart Pizza Company on Montrose?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 3 of 3 
  • Post #61 - October 3rd, 2006, 12:21 pm
    Post #61 - October 3rd, 2006, 12:21 pm Post #61 - October 3rd, 2006, 12:21 pm
    Good point. Some people hate a wet middle, some love it and say throw a runny egg on it as well. Wet bread has a texture that is not too appealing to many a tongue, but there are exceptions, like stuffing, bread pudding, the fake Wonderbread under chicken and BBQ, and my son's current favorite, overly-steamed hot dog buns from a ballpark.
  • Post #62 - November 3rd, 2006, 7:40 pm
    Post #62 - November 3rd, 2006, 7:40 pm Post #62 - November 3rd, 2006, 7:40 pm
    after finding menus w. $2 off coupons (I'm a sucker for a coupon) I decide to order a pizza tonight from Apart -- my own veggie version mushroom / onion / spinach (healthy attempt :lol: ). Told it would be an hr to an hr 15 so thinking they're a bit busy and good for them! Get a call about an hr later from them saying that there had been some kind of mix up and the pizza was misdelivered and now they were out of spinach. decided to go w. just shrooms and onions and considered it a sign that it would have been too soggy. said they'd be here in about 20 minutes. so 20 minutes later the driver calls and asks me to come down to open the door (I live in a bldg). "why" I ask "did you try the buzzer" to which the reply was "well no, it sometimes doesn't work". I tell him to give it a try and low and behold it functions as is almost always has for the 8 years I've lived here. he gives me the total and asks how much change I want and proceeds to try and short me a dollar and seems pretty displeased that I called him on it.

now to the point

the pizza that arrived had spinach on it which was a surprise after the call. well it was because it was the SAME pizza that had been at someone elses house now cold and disgustingly soggy. I CANNOT believe they would try and pull something like this off and think it was going to go unnoticed. When I called them on it, the manager -- Gregor -- didn't even try and deny what they did. I am beyond disgusted........
  • Post #63 - November 4th, 2006, 12:06 pm
    Post #63 - November 4th, 2006, 12:06 pm Post #63 - November 4th, 2006, 12:06 pm
    I am a fan of Apart Pizza but their driver also didn't have change last Monday. He got a very large tip- much more than I usually give and I tip a lot. If it is the same guy he might be a little grifty.

That said, the pizza was excellant. Fresh artichokes!!!

But if I get the same delivery guy again he is getting stiffed.
    I'm not Angry, I'm hungry.
  • Post #64 - June 13th, 2008, 12:17 pm
    Post #64 - June 13th, 2008, 12:17 pm Post #64 - June 13th, 2008, 12:17 pm
    I'm not a big fan of the ultra-thin crust pizza, although I realize that it ranks high in Italian "authenticity."
    That said, I was very impressed with a medium-sized pizza I had at Apart last week. A perfectly cooked pizza with high-quality ingredients. The only downside was that my friend wanted arugula--I thought this might have worked better if it had gone on after the pizza came out of the oven. My friend also had some issues with the soggy center, mentioned up-thread. But I found myself finishing off the whole thing.
    I also appreciated the congenial service.
    One note to those trying to avoid the delivery issues mentioned above--the dine-in area is quite small and can get very warm on hot evenings because the large ovens are close-by.
    Last edited by Camusman on June 13th, 2008, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Post #65 - June 13th, 2008, 1:35 pm
    Post #65 - June 13th, 2008, 1:35 pm Post #65 - June 13th, 2008, 1:35 pm
    I'm not sure if they use the same amount of dough in both the medium and large pizzas, but I prefer the large because I find it to have a slightly thinner crust.
  • Post #66 - October 14th, 2008, 3:55 pm
    Post #66 - October 14th, 2008, 3:55 pm Post #66 - October 14th, 2008, 3:55 pm
    bump to see if anyone's opinions have changed or if anyone has tried it recently?
    Deciding between here (the broadway location) and D.O.C. for my wife's birthday
    Thanks!
  • Post #67 - October 14th, 2008, 4:53 pm
    Post #67 - October 14th, 2008, 4:53 pm Post #67 - October 14th, 2008, 4:53 pm
    I have not been recently, but I understand from some friends who live just around the corner that Apart is under new ownership. I don't know how or if it effects the quality of the food.
    Steve Z.

“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven
  • Post #68 - October 15th, 2008, 8:17 am
    Post #68 - October 15th, 2008, 8:17 am Post #68 - October 15th, 2008, 8:17 am
    I had Apart last weekend. Since I'm close and I like the style, it's my go-to for delivery. If there was a change of ownership, I don't think it has affected the food quality at all. It's pretty much the same as always. I particularly like that they don't over sauce or over cheese the pizzas.

Per the salads...if you need some greens from Apart, I recommend either of the spinach ones. It's pretty standard baby spinach with some combo of brie, onions, dried cranberries and walnuts. They are nothing special, but they've always been fresh for me.
  • Post #69 - October 15th, 2008, 8:28 am
    Post #69 - October 15th, 2008, 8:28 am Post #69 - October 15th, 2008, 8:28 am
    HT70 wrote:I had Apart last weekend. Since I'm close and I like the style, it's my go-to for delivery. If there was a change of ownership, I don't think it has affected the food quality at all. It's pretty much the same as always. I particularly like that they don't over sauce or over cheese the pizzas.

Per the salads...if you need some greens from Apart, I recommend either of the spinach ones. It's pretty standard baby spinach with some combo of brie, onions, dried cranberries and walnuts. They are nothing special, but they've always been fresh for me.

glad to hear things haven't changed!
  • Post #70 - October 15th, 2008, 3:01 pm
    Post #70 - October 15th, 2008, 3:01 pm Post #70 - October 15th, 2008, 3:01 pm
    It wasn't particularly recent, but I had a couple of pies from Apart about a month ago and they were great. It's not my favorite style of pizza, but it's a few blocks from a friend's house and it's a style we can both agree to (I'm a Coalfire fan, he likes deep dish, butter crust). For the style, I think it's really good stuff - just greasy enough, good overall topping/cheese/sauce/crust ratios.

It's worth noting that about half the times I've tried to eat there I call to order a pie (for carryout) and they've got an hour+ wait so I decide to have something else. Now, in the middle of a Bears game or something I would understand demand spiking, but it seems pretty consistent that they need a long lead time.

-Dan

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more