LTH Home

Anyone been to Apart Pizza Company on Montrose?

Anyone been to Apart Pizza Company on Montrose?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Anyone been to Apart Pizza Company on Montrose?

- June 7th, 2006, 9:18 am
    - June 7th, 2006, 9:18 am Post #1 - June 7th, 2006, 9:18 am
    Sorry to bump this thread so quickly. Ordered a large capriciosa [sic] yesterday, and, by God, it was the best pizza I have had this year.* (Red sauce, mozz, prosciutto, mushrooms and high-quality, lightly pickled artichoke hearts.) That includes some pretty fine pizze in both Chicago and NY.

Somewhat limited by the commercial (not wood fired) oven, these guys do a hell of a job. The sauce, particularly, was great. As previously noted, I would not call the style Neapolitan. But Italian, it very much is.

Purists might scoff at an 18" pie, but I think the large diameter pizzas are significantly better here, because the crust ends up paper thin (and, still somewhat soft -- properly so) in the center. The smaller pies are naturally a little thicker and consistent from perimeter to center.

You might be reminded of pizza from one of the better "slice" places in the CT/NY/NJ/PA pizza crescent.

Your mileage may vary, but when Apart is on, it's great. And I have sampled enough to feel comfortable saying it is consistent at a fairly high level.

*Understanding that there are several legitimate styles of pizza in the US, Italy and beyond, and recognizing that I have some very specific favorites that cover a wide spectrum, including D'Amato's, SN, Pizano's, Folia, Lombardi's, and Demmi's (Tampa), in no particular order....

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more