LTH Home

Friday fish fry: a few comments and questions

Friday fish fry: a few comments and questions
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Friday fish fry: a few comments and questions

- April 7th, 2006, 8:20 am
    - April 7th, 2006, 8:20 am Post #1 - April 7th, 2006, 8:20 am
    In the spirit of lent, I have been visiting a few fish frys for the past few weeks and have had mediocre experiences at best.
    3 weeks ago: Celtic crown served a breaded baked perch that was pretty bland but the service was decent

2 weeks ago: The rail served a really good piece of beer battered cod but the fries were lukewarm and soggy. Service was terrible, which defeats the concept of all you can eat. However, you can't beat pints of guiness, bass and harp for 2.50

Last week: Grizzley's tavern served the worst yet. Greasy and I mean greasy tater tots that stayed in my stomach like a brick until the next day. The service was the worst that I had ever experienced and granted the waitor admitted that they were terrible understaffed and he had been hired 48 hours before.

So, looking down the barrel of another friday fish fry, where would be a good one in the lincoln square, andersonville area that has a pub atmosphere? I know that this question has probably already been addressed here but I didn't have much luck finding it.

Another question do you all think it's common to understaff all you can eat specials just so people lose their patience waiting rather than get another plate?

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more