LTH Home

Alinea or Moto

Alinea or Moto
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - May 21st, 2007, 9:06 am
    - May 21st, 2007, 9:06 am Post #31 - May 21st, 2007, 9:06 am
    nick.kokonas wrote:As for the Alinea vs. Moto question -- why not try both? Alinea and Moto are two very different restaurants, each pursuing their chef's own vision.

I'm sure that's right. I think of Achatz and Cantu as being artists in the same school, kind of like Picasso and Braque in Cubism, both with a distinct sensibility but united by some common tendencies. You can compare them, but only up to a point, and I think it's interesting to contrast them, too.

Mike G wrote:Yeah, I could imagine an Alinea cookbook because I know this exists.

Do I believe that cooking from it, as opposed to gazing at it admiringly page by page, will be a satisfying experience? Not particularly.

Okay, theoretically, I can see how this would work; invest in the right equipment and you can pretty much do anything at home (make an atomic bomb, prepare an Alinea-like dinner, why not?). I'm just not seeing how what you prepare at home is going to come even asteroid close to what you get at the restaurant. As you suggest, I believe this book is more "documentation" than "how to."
    Last edited by David Hammond on May 21st, 2007, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "Don't you ever underestimate the power of a female." Bootsy Collins

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more