LTH Home

The Essentials: Ed's Potsticker House

The Essentials: Ed's Potsticker House
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • The Essentials: Ed's Potsticker House

- May 29th, 2005, 10:05 pm
    - May 29th, 2005, 10:05 pm Post #1 - May 29th, 2005, 10:05 pm
    Kathleen312 wrote:The lamb was really a problem - I read the comment posted below and felt like I have to second the possibility that they are not using lamb in their lamb dishes. The main problem with the cumin lamb dish, however, wasn't that the meat was unidentifiable but that they had used about 6 tablespoons of cumin seeds and about 1/2 a cup of whole red chilies in the dish for what was about 8 oz. of "lamb". At that point I think boiled shoe leather would have been a safe substitute. What little "sauce" was in the dish was salty, and the huge chunks of uncooked jalapenos and onions were simply offensive to pick around.

Kathleen:

That's you're honest opinion and that's fine; it is right and proper for you to state that here. But this is mine and it differs from yours considerably.

On Friday night, for perhaps the fifth time in the last year plus (about half of the times I've been to Ed's over that span of time), we had the lamb with cumin. It was lamb this time, as it was all of the other times. Yes, there was lots of cumin, yes lots of dried red chiles, yes a fair number of briefly cooked and very piquant green chiles. As in the past, we loved it. The friends we've brought there who tried this dish also loved it.

Now, you make it sound as if the dish was badly executed. Perhaps that is the case but I for my part am willing to go out on a limb and say fairly emphatically that I believe that that the dish is reasonably well executed or better. That is to say then that from my perspective, the dish is well executed and some people, including (clearly) you and the other poster who claimed the meat was chicken, believe it is badly executed.

With regard to what you like and what we like, there is no point to arguing: de gustibus non est disputandum. The only legitimate bone of contention is whether the dish is executed well.

I claim no native expertise in the preparation of this dish but I know I know what lamb is. And lamb with cumin is a very accurate discription of the dish that we've gotten at Ed's these several times. And a tasty dish it's always been... to us.

Antonius
    Alle Nerven exzitiert von dem gewürzten Wein -- Anwandlung von Todesahndungen -- Doppeltgänger --
    - aus dem Tagebuch E.T.A. Hoffmanns, 6. Januar 1804.
    ________
    Na sir is na seachain an cath.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more