LTH Home

Chicken Ati-Atihan Phillipine, Golf Rd, Niles

Chicken Ati-Atihan Phillipine, Golf Rd, Niles
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Chicken Ati-Atihan Phillipine, Golf Rd, Niles

Post #1 - March 3rd, 2019, 10:03 am
    Post #1 - March 3rd, 2019, 10:03 am Post #1 - March 3rd, 2019, 10:03 am
    After going for lunch with Panther, I coordinated a non-LTH group there last Sunday (thought I had posted already). My first foster children saw my post on facebook wanted to go, so now I am taking them, my daughter again, and her boyfriend this afternoon. At least I will be able to correct now seeing the "seafood Boodle Fight" today.

MSAW0605.JPG Boodle Fight for 4-5 (eggplant extra)
    MSAW0613.JPG Crispy Pata Large
    MSAW0614.JPG Lechon Kawali
    MSAW0624.JPG Large Sizzling Squid
    MSAW0626.JPG Sizzling Sisig Chicken
    MSAW0628.JPG Beef Steak Oyster Sauce
    MSAW0631.JPG Turon (4 orders)

MSAW0634.JPG Jumbo Halo-Halo
    --Carey aka underdog
  • Post #2 - March 3rd, 2019, 7:41 pm
    Post #2 - March 3rd, 2019, 7:41 pm Post #2 - March 3rd, 2019, 7:41 pm
    HI,

The Turon is usually served plain or maybe a bit of sugar sprinkled on the crust just after leaving the oil. This addition of chocolate and caramel sauce is something I have never seen before.

How much was the seafood boodle?

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways,
  • Post #3 - March 3rd, 2019, 9:12 pm
    Post #3 - March 3rd, 2019, 9:12 pm Post #3 - March 3rd, 2019, 9:12 pm
    Cathy2 wrote:The Turon is usually served plain or maybe a bit of sugar sprinkled on the crust just after leaving the oil. This addition of chocolate and caramel sauce is something I have never seen before.

I think Panther ordered it and posted a picture to his personal thread.

The basic seafood boodle (photo to follow) is $10 more than the regular, at $69.
    --Carey aka underdog
  • Post #4 - March 3rd, 2019, 9:40 pm
    Post #4 - March 3rd, 2019, 9:40 pm Post #4 - March 3rd, 2019, 9:40 pm
    Well, my first foster kids and their extended family that we stayed friends with when they rejoined their mom saw my post on facebook from last Sunday, and through my daughter that they are more actively in communication with, wanted to go there...and that gave me an excuse to see them, so off we went. (Not posting pictures of spouses and kids, but total of 14 people). As before, I do not have sufficient experience to judge the quality or authenticity of the food. It was good, less in quantity then at Bacolad Chickenhaus, but at a much lower price. Only showing new dishes relative to last week:
    MSAW0669.JPG Seafood Mini Boodle Fight

Includes: Buttered Shrimp, Grilled Pompano, Cheese Mussels, Grilled Squid, Kinilaw substituted for Calamares, shrimp pansit guido, and garlic fried rice substitured for plain rice.
    MSAW0671.JPG Chicken Halang Halang

MSAW0672.JPG Sizzling Sizig pork with egg
    MSAW0679.JPG Veggie Egg rolls (larger than pork ones)
    MSAW0681.JPG Pork BBQ
    MSAW0682.JPG Chicken AtiAtihan
    MSAW0694.JPG Large Halo Halo receiving adulation.
    --Carey aka underdog
  • Post #5 - March 4th, 2019, 2:57 pm
    Post #5 - March 4th, 2019, 2:57 pm Post #5 - March 4th, 2019, 2:57 pm
    diversedancer wrote:
    Cathy2 wrote:The Turon is usually served plain or maybe a bit of sugar sprinkled on the crust just after leaving the oil. This addition of chocolate and caramel sauce is something I have never seen before.

I think Panther ordered it and posted a picture to his personal thread.

I didn't order it as I don't traditionally order dessert.

Here is a link to our visit...

viewtopic.php?p=536961#p536961

I was very impressed with the deliciousness of their offerings! Especially their signature chicken.
    "Very good... but not my favorite." ~ Johnny Depp as Roux the Gypsy in Chocolat
  • Post #6 - March 4th, 2019, 6:17 pm
    Post #6 - March 4th, 2019, 6:17 pm Post #6 - March 4th, 2019, 6:17 pm
    Thanks for posting the link Panther, I missed it first time around.

And thanks for the pictures Carey.

That sizzling sisig looks heavenly and while I was in PI last summer I believe I had it 16 straight days and enjoyed the variations in the recipes as we worked our way north.

That picture looks like more from the southern regions, as compared to way up north in Ilocos Norte/Pagudpud which was much less sizzling jowl and more red onion/vinegar and not as fatty pork (not cheek meat).

That picture looks identical to 5 of the plates from El Nido to Coron to Manila.

That is one of the beauties of Filipino food, in the land of 6,000 islands, some recipes get very regionalized/localized.

And then the generations of fusion, as my inlaws are Visayas, Midanao, and Luzon, then throw in Korean, Japanese, and Chinese immigration.

Cathy,
    Just a comment on Turon, both at family parties and a time or two on vacation (Tuguegarao, I can't recall they all blend so much) it would not be chocolate or caramel, but once in a while it will be honey that is lightly drizzled over. There is usually honey in with the jack fruit, but the jack fruit here just doesn't do justice to the dessert. Maybe they are "sweetening" it up a bit?

I do know that the papaya we ate for 3 weeks there tastes NOTHING like what we can get here.

Again, Carey and Panther, thanks for the posts!
    Bill-Plainfield

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more