LTH Home

Looking for birthday suggestions

Looking for birthday suggestions
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Looking for birthday suggestions

Post #1 - November 10th, 2018, 3:34 pm
    Post #1 - November 10th, 2018, 3:34 pm Post #1 - November 10th, 2018, 3:34 pm
    Hi- Tomorrow is my birthday, and I am thinking about calling a few of my friends to see if they want to go out with me, but I had a root canal on Thursday, and I am not supposed to chew a lot on the right side of my mouth, and so I am not interested in dishes such as ribs or other dishes that involve a lot of chewing. I went to a pot luck on Thursday, and I did okay since several people brought a pasta dish, somebody brought stuffing, and several people brought meatballs, and I had some apple crisp and a piece of plum tart. I passed on the tossed salad and foccacio and olives. I am willing to spend up to $25 per person, and I am open to Rogers Park, Evanston, Skokie, Lincolnwood and Wilmette. One of my friends is not a really adventurous eater. We went to Pita Inn for his birthday two years ago, and he told me I brought him out of his comfort zone. He does like Chinese though. Any suggestions for anything that is easy to chew that isn't super spicy? I though about joining the people at Aroy Thia tomorrow, but that might involve more chewing than I should be doing. Anybody been to the Heartland lately? What do you think about it.? Thanks. Nancy
  • Post #2 - November 10th, 2018, 4:17 pm
    Post #2 - November 10th, 2018, 4:17 pm Post #2 - November 10th, 2018, 4:17 pm
    Maybe Hoanh Long? Not too far from Lincolnwood, solid Vietnamese, some Chinese dishes, obviously soups that are easy on the teeth.

http://www.hoanhlong.com

Hoanh Long Vietnamese and Chinese Restaurant
    6148 N Lincoln Ave
    Chicago, IL 60659

And Happy Birthday!!
  • Post #3 - November 11th, 2018, 2:56 am
    Post #3 - November 11th, 2018, 2:56 am Post #3 - November 11th, 2018, 2:56 am
    HI,

Cantonese Chinese food is a good choice with carefully selected choices to accommodate your dental issues:

China Chef
    5920 Lincoln Ave.
    Morton Grove, IL 60053
    (847) 967-6050
    http://www.chinachef.org/

Happy Birthday!

Regards,
    Cathy2
    Cathy2

"You'll be remembered long after you're dead if you make good gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits." -- Nathalie Dupree
    Facebook, Twitter, Greater Midwest Foodways, Road Food 2012: Podcast
  • Post #4 - November 11th, 2018, 2:38 pm
    Post #4 - November 11th, 2018, 2:38 pm Post #4 - November 11th, 2018, 2:38 pm
    I'll second the suggestion for China Chef. Their Mongolian beef is superb.

Another possibility, equally close by although not in the places you mention, is Anteprima in Andersonville. Sundays through Thursdays, you can get almost any three courses on their menu for $29, and that includes chewing-friendly dishes such as pastas and their panna cotta for dessert. Consistently great, and one of the best bargains in the area.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more