LTH Home

t'oui macaron and patisserie (in Uptown)

t'oui macaron and patisserie (in Uptown)
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • t'oui macaron and patisserie (in Uptown)

Post #1 - November 5th, 2018, 7:40 pm
    Post #1 - November 5th, 2018, 7:40 pm Post #1 - November 5th, 2018, 7:40 pm
    In June this bakery opened in Uptown, next to their sister banh mi sandwich store Ba Le, and I went there today to check it out. I liked it!

The name is displayed in all lowercase letters, which seems so... twee. :twisted: Now that I got that out of the way...

As the name implies, they have lots of different kinds of macarons, which were very good. They're $2.25, and if you buy 5, you get a 6th free.
    They also have various types of croissants, and also small sablés for $.75 each. These are very good also.
    They have individual mousse cakes (entremets) on the second shelf, layer cakes on the bottom shelf, and on the third shelf, their 20-layer crepe cake in six flavors ($5.95). If you buy three cake slices, you get a fourth for free.
    On the website and in person they said the layers of the crepe cake are spread with buttercream, but it's not buttercream, it's whipped (Chantilly) cream. These 20-layer crepe cakes are very similar to the mille crêpes cakes at Lady M in Arlington Heights and other locations.
    Their shopping bags are also cute.
    I really enjoyed everything I tried there. Good stuff!

t'oui macaron and patisserie
    5018 N Broadway Ave at Argyle, near the Argyle stop on the CTA Red Line
    Chicago, IL 60640
    773-293- 6584
    t-oui.com
    M-F 8a-7p, Sa-Su 8a–9p
  • Post #2 - November 5th, 2018, 7:54 pm
    Post #2 - November 5th, 2018, 7:54 pm Post #2 - November 5th, 2018, 7:54 pm
    Thanks for this thread! I recently moved nearby here and have become a fan of this place. Each time I've gotten a 6-pack, maybe one of the macaroons tasted a little stale/less fresh, but the fresh ones are outstanding. Next time I'll definitely be checking out those crepe cakes.
  • Post #3 - November 5th, 2018, 8:00 pm
    Post #3 - November 5th, 2018, 8:00 pm Post #3 - November 5th, 2018, 8:00 pm
    Tambreet wrote:Thanks for this thread! I recently moved nearby here and have become a fan of this place. Each time I've gotten a 6-pack, maybe one of the macaroons tasted a little stale/less fresh, but the fresh ones are outstanding. Next time I'll definitely be checking out those crepe cakes.

That's consistent with what I found. I tried three types of macarons; none was stale, but freshness varied; the mango ones were so fresh the entire filling came out with the first bite. I'm sure you can ask which kinds are the freshest when selecting which ones to buy.

The macarons and the croissants were very good, but the crepe cakes were the best thing I had - absolutely superb!
  • Post #4 - December 31st, 2019, 5:27 pm
    Post #4 - December 31st, 2019, 5:27 pm Post #4 - December 31st, 2019, 5:27 pm
    nsxtasy wrote:their 20-layer crepe cake in six flavors ($5.95). If you buy three cake slices, you get a fourth for free.

That price is still the same today. And if you buy an entire cake, which consists of eight slices, it's $45.00.

So, just to recap... You can order eight slices, which will each come individually wrapped in a cute little box as pictured below, and with two of them free, you will pay $35.70. Or, you can order a whole cake, the same amount of cake as the eight individual slices, and pay $45.00. :shock:

• Post #5 - January 1st, 2020, 10:16 am
    Post #5 - January 1st, 2020, 10:16 am Post #5 - January 1st, 2020, 10:16 am
    Incidentally, their croissants are also excellent and fresh baked. And they're also an exceptional value! They're ENORMOUS (photos below show them on a 7" diameter plate). They're $2 for plain and $2.50 for filled, which by itself is already a dollar less than many places - not only that, for each two you buy, you get a third for free.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more