LTH Home

10Q Chicken, Evanston

10Q Chicken, Evanston
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • 10Q Chicken, Evanston

Post #1 - October 4th, 2018, 2:34 pm
    Post #1 - October 4th, 2018, 2:34 pm Post #1 - October 4th, 2018, 2:34 pm
    Had my second visit last night at this new place from the bop-n-grill folks. It's located on Church street, in the old Five Guys space. You order at a counter and get a beeper and then pick up your order. Its airy and bright, with alot of stainless steel tables, chairs, accents. I liked my food alot. The sandwiches had a "hard fry" which I prefer and they really held up to the toppings to the last bite.

I feel that their fried chicken sandwiches are pretty much on a par with Budlong's (naked). But ALOT cheaper at $6.99 for "classic" (pickles, lettuce and garlic parmesan aioli) and $7.99 for the "10Q", (pickled radish and togarashi mayo). Ive tried each of these and thought they were very good. Unlike the Roost and Budlong, 10Q doesnt really have "sides" except for fries.

Rounding out the menu is a "chili buffalo" sandwich with chili buffalo drizzle, pickled jalapenos and garlic parmesan aioli. The menu also includes wings in Kangnam style, chili buffalo and naked. Also three types of Chicken Bowls w rice and greens and various sauces. They feature chicken tenders with choice of several dipping sauces. Soft serve ice cream with matcha and or oreo powder for dessert. Also of course, fries, cheese fries, bacon ranch cheese fries.

The fries weren't quite on a par with the sandwiches (or fries from Edzos, Poochies or bopngrill). I wonder if they are fresh cut in house? They seemed to have a slight battered aspect and they got soft pretty quickly. And for those who care, the cheese fries weren't Merkt's but ballpark nacho liquid style (points off).

More research required...next visit I'm gonna grab tenders and one of those bowls, which looked great on the other diners' tables.

10 Q Chicken
    816 Church St
    Evanston
    847-859-6100
    10Qchicken.com
  • Post #2 - March 21st, 2019, 12:02 pm
    Post #2 - March 21st, 2019, 12:02 pm Post #2 - March 21st, 2019, 12:02 pm
    Got a to-go order of a few tenders and a bunch of chicken sandwiches for my guys Settlers of Catan group last night. Everything was outstanding! Tenders were huge, very hot, light panko coating and lovely crisp fry to them. Sandwiches were absolutely delicious, and served on griddled buns, which is a must in my opinion. I've been to 10Q many times since my first post and it is really high quality stuff in a fast casual setting. Highly recommended.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more