LTH Home

Le Sud, Southern France in Roscoe Village

Le Sud, Southern France in Roscoe Village
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Le Sud, Southern France in Roscoe Village

Post #1 - October 4th, 2018, 12:52 am
    Post #1 - October 4th, 2018, 12:52 am Post #1 - October 4th, 2018, 12:52 am
    Didn't see anything about this elsewhere, Le Sud is now open in Roscoe Village. It got a nice write-up from Eater last week and I was there Tuesday night with coworkers and everything we had was great. We started with the charcuterie and cheese plates along with the foie gras tarte and rabbit leg. The tarte was good though a little sweet for me and not enough liver taste. The chicken liver mousse more than made up for that. Between us we had the steak frites, wood roasted chicken, gnocchi and whole loup de mer and we were all members of the clean plate club. Then we ordered the whole dessert menu and everything was excellent though I liked the Basque cake the best. I know nothing about wine so I can't comment on the wine list but they had a short but, in my opinion, nicely curated beer list.

Ryan Brosseau is the chef, most recently of Table, Donkey and Stick. The space is absolutely beautiful and when the upstairs is open there will be a lot of space and there is a roof deck coming next year. Looking forward to going back and trying more of the dishes.

Le Sud
    2301 W Roscoe St.
    Chicago 60618

https://lesudchicago.com/
    https://chicago.eater.com/2018/9/27/17911102/le-sud-roscoe-village-mediterranean-french-roofdeck-open-images-photos

Disclosure: the owner is my boss' girlfriend but he did pay for the meal. :D
  • Post #2 - October 4th, 2018, 9:39 am
    Post #2 - October 4th, 2018, 9:39 am Post #2 - October 4th, 2018, 9:39 am
    This is on my list since the Eater article came out. Eager to give it a try, we love the food from that part of France and I'll be interested to see how this compares. It's sort of hard to duplicate the tiny little places in the villages where the husband is in the kitchen cooking and the wife is working service and that's the entire staff.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more