LTH Home

Tensuke Market & Sushi Cafe- New Owners

Tensuke Market & Sushi Cafe- New Owners
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Tensuke Market & Sushi Cafe- New Owners

Post #1 - September 29th, 2018, 7:02 pm
    Post #1 - September 29th, 2018, 7:02 pm Post #1 - September 29th, 2018, 7:02 pm
    Had not been to Tensuke Market & Sushi Cafe in a while, new owners upped the game, which was strong to begin with. Sushi, sashimi, ramen, bento box, dry goods, impeccably fresh fish, lots of prepared foods, interesting chips, crackers, cookies, demos, more seating.

No toro at the sushi bar so the friendly interactive clerk said they had chutoro at the fresh fish counter and they would slice it for sashimi and serve it to me no additional charge.

I see myself trekking up I-90 on a regular basis.

Tensuke6.jpg Chutoro & Uni

Tensuke1.jpg Chutoro

Tensuke5.jpg Sushi Sashimi Combo

Tensuke4.jpg Counter Seating

Tensuke3.jpg Part of table seating and counter.

Tensuke Market, Count me a Fan!

Tensuke Market & Sushi Cafe
    3 S Arlington Heights Rd (20.71 mi)
    Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007
    847-806-1200
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #2 - September 30th, 2018, 11:00 am
    Post #2 - September 30th, 2018, 11:00 am Post #2 - September 30th, 2018, 11:00 am
    We're a couple miles down the road from them and their sushi is our go-to when we don't go to a full-fledged restaurant. I love Mitsuwa (which is about a third of the distance for us), but their house-made sushi isn't great. So glad Tensuke fills that void.
  • Post #3 - October 2nd, 2018, 6:43 am
    Post #3 - October 2nd, 2018, 6:43 am Post #3 - October 2nd, 2018, 6:43 am
    Going to be in Elk Grove later this month, may have to check them out.
  • Post #4 - October 7th, 2018, 3:04 am
    Post #4 - October 7th, 2018, 3:04 am Post #4 - October 7th, 2018, 3:04 am
    Tensuke Market & Sushi Cafe had a Bluefin tuna cutting demo Saturday, couldn't make it for the demo but stopped for a couple of pieces of chutoro & otoro nigiri from the demo fish. Plus shrimp tempura on rice with miso. I'm really digging Tensuke after a few years absence.

TensukeP1.jpg Otoro Nigiri

TensukeP2.jpg Shrimp & veg tempura w/ miso soup and dusting of Togarashi

Tensuke Market, Count me a Fan!
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #5 - January 6th, 2019, 10:07 am
    Post #5 - January 6th, 2019, 10:07 am Post #5 - January 6th, 2019, 10:07 am
    Tensuke Market Black Sesame Ice Cream. Hint of roasted nuts, lightly sweet, fantastic color and flavor.
    Tensuke89.jpg Black Sesame Ice Cream

Count me a Fan!
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #6 - November 6th, 2020, 3:11 pm
    Post #6 - November 6th, 2020, 3:11 pm Post #6 - November 6th, 2020, 3:11 pm
    My daughter and I made our first visit to Tensuke this afternoon. She is obsessed of late with all things Japan.
    I appreciated the cleanliness of the store and how friendly the staff was.
    Stocked up on Ramune and a variety of ramen which is currently a remote learning lunchtime favorite. Found a few fun-looking snacks as well. Meat and seafood looked great. Will be back soon.

My daughter has plenty for now, but they did have a nice selection of very cute masks for children.

Tensuke is celebrating their 3rd anniversary and there were some specials throughout the store. Each customer got to take a free gift from a table near the registers.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more