LTH Home

Jack's Restaurant [Thick Cut Bacon]

Jack's Restaurant [Thick Cut Bacon]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Jack's Restaurant [Thick Cut Bacon]

- July 28th, 2006, 1:30 pm
    - July 28th, 2006, 1:30 pm Post #1 - July 28th, 2006, 1:30 pm
    I ate at Jack's due to proximity to a hotel stay and was very pleased to find a New Jersey-quality buttered bagel in Chicagoland, not that I should have been too surprised in that area. Most enjoyable were the staff shirts that say, "Almost everyone eats at Jack's" on the back.

I only ate there once, and for breakfast, but had a delicious spinach & feta omelet, great diner hash browns (not dried out like so many make them now, nor settled in oil), and made a smart last-minute decision to substitute a bagel for toast (no extra charge).

By the way, I'm a vegetarian and, of course, do NOT suck my bacon. No true vegetarian would even ORDER bacon, as the purchase contributes to the demand for slaughter, etc, etc. Hopefully, the rest is all common sense. Ick. I did spot lots of omnivorous customers with it on their plate, though.

Very large menu -- something for just about everyone, unless dietary restrictions make it impossible for you to eat out at "regular joints." Lots of comfort food. My companion was pleased with his cheese blintzes, too.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more