LTH Home

Tatas Tacos, Portage Park

Tatas Tacos, Portage Park
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Tatas Tacos, Portage Park

Post #1 - July 23rd, 2018, 8:47 am
    Post #1 - July 23rd, 2018, 8:47 am Post #1 - July 23rd, 2018, 8:47 am
    Hit two taquerias last week after reading Titus's fantastic blog http://chibbqking.blogspot.com/ both on Irving Park Road.

Chicago Taco Authority is fine, ok, not bad at all. Tatas Tacos, on the other hand, is the best taqueria I've been to on the North side in ages, right up there with Taqueria 5 De Mayo though with more personality, plus they hand make tortillas per order. Go for the food, stay for a conversation with the engaging owner.

TatasLTH4.jpg Lengua (tongue) and chicken w/mole tacos on fresh made tortillas.

TatasLTH2.jpg Hand made nopales tortilla

TatasLTH3.jpg Elotes in a cup, aka esquites. Delicious though could have used a squeeze of lime

TatasLTH5.jpg Tortillas made to order.

TatasLTH1.jpg Exterior, 4929 W Irving Park Rd. Just east of Culver's for a heck of a 1-2 taco/soft serve punch.

Tatas Tacos, Count me a Fan!

Tatas Tacos
    4929 W Irving Park Rd
    Chicago, IL 60641
    773-685-6002

Taqueria 5 De Mayo
    2415 W Montrose Ave
    Chicago, IL 60618

Chicago Taco Authority (CTA)
    4219 W Irving Park Rd
    Chicago, IL 60641
    Hold my beer . . .

Low & Slow
  • Post #2 - July 7th, 2020, 9:08 pm
    Post #2 - July 7th, 2020, 9:08 pm Post #2 - July 7th, 2020, 9:08 pm
    Tatas has become our go-to “local” Mexican recently. The house-made tortillas, the ceviche, in particular the garlic shrimp tacos...all excellent. Sometimes pick-up, sometimes get delivery - has been consistently delicious and conscientiously prepared/packaged.
  • Post #3 - July 9th, 2020, 9:39 pm
    Post #3 - July 9th, 2020, 9:39 pm Post #3 - July 9th, 2020, 9:39 pm
    Well put. :)

The battery on my HP Stream laptop computer [Windows® 8.1] was dying. I found a new one cheap on Smile.amazon. It arrived Tuesday.
    Seeing the W-WW pages illustrating how to install it though caused me to find someone else to do it.
    A provider doing such was located: Computer One Chicago; 4338 N. Milwaukee Ave.
    I did not do enough background checking on this business. :cry:
    I will not state in a public LTHF post what it is because I think it would be considered 'political'. :?: Perhaps I can scribe that the gentleman running the operation was not wearing a face mask (and did not put one on) when I appeared there. That might be enough of a clue.
    But he installed the new battery, and he charged me only $10.00 (cash).

Since I was in the neighborhood, and had two transfers left on this transit trip, I ventured down to Tatas Tacos and ordered a steak burrito to go. A Tatas' custom burrito caused digestive problems. But its standard burritos are very good. (I previously had a chicken burrito.) :D
    Its craft beer selections are probably the best for the entire Cicero | Milwaukee | Irving Park shopping :?: district {since Fischman's closed}. If not for a pandemic, I could understand patrons hanging out here.
    There is outside - and now inside - seating available.
    I was on the bus. But if you are motoring, you can probably get away with parking in the lot to the south of Irving Park Rd. off Lamon Ave. which is chiefly for Binny's and the health club. :wink:
    Oh: If you wonder where are the pictures :?:; I was not wearing the camera today.
    Valuable links for survival, without the monetization attempt: https://pqrs-ltd.xyz/bookmark4.html
  • Post #4 - January 20th, 2023, 6:37 am
    Post #4 - January 20th, 2023, 6:37 am Post #4 - January 20th, 2023, 6:37 am
    Tatas Tacos, the fast-growing Mexican restaurant found throughout Chicagoland, is opening a new location in South Loop at 720 S. Wells St.

https://whatnowchicago.com/tatas-tacos- ... outh-loop/
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more