LTH Home

Pho Tam: Dempster in Niles

Pho Tam: Dempster in Niles
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Pho Tam: Dempster in Niles

Post #1 - June 30th, 2018, 1:01 pm
    Post #1 - June 30th, 2018, 1:01 pm Post #1 - June 30th, 2018, 1:01 pm
    My son and I tried this place for lunch today. I was glad to see five tables of Asian families there for Saturday lunch, as the location seems challenging. A former Pizza Hut space that had been empty for quite some time. They have fixed up the interior nicely.

Just about everyone was having pho. I ordered it with beef tendon. Tasty broth with pretty good complexity. Noodles were decent. Tendon was well executed; add-ons were fresh. Not bad at all if you are in the area.

My kid had the appetizer platter. He loved the wings, which had a sweet glaze. He punched them up with a squeeze bottle of Sriracha. He also spoke highly of the spring rolls and grilled pork chunks. Only miss of the day was the egg rolls. Bland mushy filling, though crisp outside.

Honeydew smoothie also got high marks from the kid. My Thai iced tea was fine.
    Minor language problems when ordering, but the waiter was careful to make sure he had the order right. The family running this place seems nice; it's the kind of situation I like to support.

6959 Dempster (Near Waukegan Rd.)
    Niles, IL 60714
    (224) 470-5140
    Closed Mondays

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide