LTH Home

MLG in Lake Forest

MLG in Lake Forest
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • MLG in Lake Forest

Post #1 - April 21st, 2018, 7:34 pm
    Post #1 - April 21st, 2018, 7:34 pm Post #1 - April 21st, 2018, 7:34 pm
    Mediocre food. Dreadful service. Not recommended.

181 E Laurel Ave
    Lake Forest, IL 60045
    (847) 234-9660
    website
  • Post #2 - April 21st, 2018, 11:35 pm
    Post #2 - April 21st, 2018, 11:35 pm Post #2 - April 21st, 2018, 11:35 pm
    I didn't really want to spend a lot of time describing this epic fail of a dinner, hence the brief post above. But I suppose I should at least elaborate a bit.

"Mediocre food" is pretty much exactly what you would expect: chewy tenderloin, whitefish piccata with no lemon flavor, a Thai shrimp appetizer special with no Thai flavors, undercooked vegetables, and food that was mostly just bland and uninteresting.

"Dreadful service" probably makes you think that the service was too slow, but in fact the problem was the opposite. The four of us ordered a couple of sharable appetizers, then a soup/salad course, and entrees. They brought the soup and salads when we were only partway through the appetizers. Then they brought the entrees when we were no more than halfway through the soup and salads. Dreadful, indeed.

Now I'm done.
  • Post #3 - April 22nd, 2018, 1:27 pm
    Post #3 - April 22nd, 2018, 1:27 pm Post #3 - April 22nd, 2018, 1:27 pm
    Like most people in the area, I get MLG coupons in the mail every other month. I am going to try it out for lunch one day if it's still open, and some people I know liked it a lot. But I can't stand when food comes out too fast either. It truly ruins the meal. In fact, I tend to order things one by one on purpose to take the pressure off the situation if I feel like taking my time or it's a restaurant I know that can be a little fast in bringing things out. No fast turnover with my table unless I say so.
  • Post #4 - April 23rd, 2018, 7:22 am
    Post #4 - April 23rd, 2018, 7:22 am Post #4 - April 23rd, 2018, 7:22 am
    I have only eaten there a couple of times, but I think that the food ranges from mediocre to good. The bloody mary is very good though, with 2 large shrimp and a lobster claw. Good deal with the $10 coupon. I have never really had a problem with the service. they can do a decent patio business in the summer. I hear occasional rumors that it is going to close like the other Lemonis food efforts in the area (Sweet Petes, Simply Greek) but it keeps chugging along.

-Will

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more