LTH Home

Tomatillo Taco-ville

Tomatillo Taco-ville
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Tomatillo Taco-ville

Post #1 - February 15th, 2018, 12:36 am
    Post #1 - February 15th, 2018, 12:36 am Post #1 - February 15th, 2018, 12:36 am
    Bad name, good burrito. Any place that is called "Taco-ville" and offers a "burrito belly bowl" on the menu has me instantly skeptical. Seeing escabeche on each table helped reinforce my lunch choice decision.

Definitely not authentic but I enjoyed lunch and will be back. I was feeling like al pastor. With no trompo in sight, the cashier still talked it up so I went with it. The al pastor was juicy & the marinade was flavorful. While not huge, I thought it was definitely worth the $6.95 price. The burrito included avocado, which I don't see often. Rice, beans, cheese, sour cream, lettuce and tomato rounded out a well balanced burrito.

Three salsas were provided. I enjoyed the hottest salsa the most. It was thicker, seemed to have an avocado crema base and wasn't so hot that it was unenjoyable. Apparently their other locations bottle it and sell it in their restaurants.

They definitely have confidence in their product, opening on a stretch of Irving Park that already has two other Mexican joints. According to the cashier, this makes location #10 in their mini chain. They have 8 locations in the West burbs under the name Cilantro Taco Grill, and one about to open in Buffalo Grove.

Tomatillo Taco-ville
    2943 W. Irving Park Rd
    773-654-1350
    "And if you don't know, now you know." -BIG

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide