LTH Home

S.K.Y.

S.K.Y.
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • S.K.Y.

Post #1 - January 19th, 2018, 10:42 am
    Post #1 - January 19th, 2018, 10:42 am Post #1 - January 19th, 2018, 10:42 am
    Apologies if I've missed an existing thread on S.K.Y., chef Stephen Gillanders' restaurant in Pilsen. We visited for the first time yesterday to celebrate my wife's birthday, and it was excellent, with warm service and some outstanding dishes. You should go.

First, I'd like to congratulate the chefs for serving multiple dishes with truffles which I actually enjoyed: black truffle croquettes and potatoes with truffle dip. Nothing cloying, false, or out of balance. Honestly, this felt like an achievement in itself.

The rest of the dishes were excellent as well. Highlights were the lobster dumpling (surprisingly substantial), hamachi (beautifully cut and well-seasoned), and the branzino (notably briney, in a very good way). Sorry, no pictures.

The restaurant boasts a former Bristol manager, and I found myself drawing approving comparisons with the old stalwart. Although the food works at a slightly different, perhaps more upscale angle, the food is easy to share and exudes both comfort and confidence. I think there is a shared personality between the two--welcoming, geared for enjoyment, but operating at a very high level--that I find extremely impressive.

A big fan of S.K.Y. Hope others are as well.

https://www.skyrestaurantchicago.com/

1239 W 18th St
    Chicago, IL 60608
    312-846-1077

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide