LTH Home

Pollo Feliz

Pollo Feliz
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Pollo Feliz

Post #1 - November 16th, 2017, 4:17 pm
    Post #1 - November 16th, 2017, 4:17 pm Post #1 - November 16th, 2017, 4:17 pm
    This many years into LTH and all of the other online resources, it amazes me that a place like the first US outpost of a notable Mexican chicken chain (and obvious inspiration for the Breaking Bad chicken empire) might exist and be pretty popular down by 26th and Kedzie and get barely a mention online in English. The only discussion of any Pollo Feliz I could find here is a very positive nod from a Steve Z. Puerto Vallarta trip. (viewtopic.php?p=441608) Looks like they have a handful of outposts around the Southwest, but Chicago was first and by far the most eastern and northernmost, according to the website. http://pollofeliz.com/USA/

Looking at the others, my guess that the US franchising is a little less regimental, a bit looser compared to, say, a McDonald's or even a Subway. On this day, in this city, it was good charred, red chicken.

Today someone brought in a tray of the pollo adobado with roasted whole jalapenos from the spot, and I can sum it up by admitting that I had to be corrected after I asked where on Devon this excellent tandoori bird was cooked. The 5 Yelp reviews suggest that it goes back at least 2-3 years. This chicken won't change your life, but it was pretty, pretty good.

Pollo Feliz
    3120 W 26th St
    Chicago, IL 60623
    (bet. Albany Ave & Troy St )
    Little Village
  • Post #2 - November 16th, 2017, 9:40 pm
    Post #2 - November 16th, 2017, 9:40 pm Post #2 - November 16th, 2017, 9:40 pm
    I didn't realize this place was a particularly special chain--we've been a few times, and it is definitely pretty good. We live closer to Pollo Express and grab their absurdly good/cheap food fairly often, but Pollo Feliz is just as good most of the time, occasionally better, if slightly less consistent. Its big plus is handmade tortillas (at least last time we went, perhaps six months ago). This place is up there, though there is certainly no shortage of good grilled chicken in this and many other neighborhoods of Chicago.
  • Post #3 - November 16th, 2017, 10:46 pm
    Post #3 - November 16th, 2017, 10:46 pm Post #3 - November 16th, 2017, 10:46 pm
    JeffB wrote:This many years into LTH and all of the other online resources, it amazes me that a place like the first US outpost of a notable Mexican chicken chain (and obvious inspiration for the Breaking Bad chicken empire) might exist and be pretty popular down by 26th and Kedzie and get barely a mention online in English. The only discussion of any Pollo Feliz I could find here is a very positive nod from a Steve Z. Puerto Vallarta trip. (viewtopic.php?p=441608) Looks like they have a handful of outposts around the Southwest, but Chicago was first and by far the most eastern and northernmost, according to the website. http://pollofeliz.com/USA/

Pollo Feliz
    3120 W 26th St
    Chicago, IL 60623
    (bet. Albany Ave & Troy St )
    Little Village

I have been eating on occasion at Pollo Feliz in Tucson for about four years. I believe that they closed down one of the three locations in Tucson in the past year as there are a number of other places serving a very similar menu.

Personally, I would rather head to my local neighborhood El Pollo Loco where the menu is a lot more varied and the chicken is a little bit fresher.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more