LTH Home

reserve.com - unreliable to the point of useless?

reserve.com - unreliable to the point of useless?
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • reserve.com - unreliable to the point of useless?

Post #1 - October 18th, 2017, 12:16 pm
    Post #1 - October 18th, 2017, 12:16 pm Post #1 - October 18th, 2017, 12:16 pm
    In the past 6 months I've had a slew of reservations that I made through reserve.com get canceled for no apparent reason. Typically, the day before the reservation, I'll receive an email out of the blue informing me that my reservation has been canceled. This has happened for more than 50% of the reservations I've made through this service. In speaking with the restaurants in question, they assure me that no one at their end is canceling the reservations and that even failure on my part to reply to confirmation texts (which I'm not receiving, anyway) would not result in cancellation.

So far, my inquiries to reserve.com have gone unanswered. But with a service like this, if it's not reliable, there's really no reason at all to use it. I'm no fan of opentable.com but at least with them, a reservation is actually a reservation. In the end, if I have to call the restaurant to uncancel my reservation, it pretty much makes reserve.com completely useless.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or other issues with reserve.com?

=R=
    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

There's a horse loose in a hospital --JM

That don't impress me much --Shania Twain
  • Post #2 - October 18th, 2017, 2:48 pm
    Post #2 - October 18th, 2017, 2:48 pm Post #2 - October 18th, 2017, 2:48 pm
    I use them often and that has never happened to me. Sorry to hear about your issues.
  • Post #3 - October 18th, 2017, 3:03 pm
    Post #3 - October 18th, 2017, 3:03 pm Post #3 - October 18th, 2017, 3:03 pm
    shotzy wrote:I use them often and that has never happened to me. Sorry to hear about your issues.

Ditto
  • Post #4 - October 18th, 2017, 3:09 pm
    Post #4 - October 18th, 2017, 3:09 pm Post #4 - October 18th, 2017, 3:09 pm
    shotzy wrote:I use them often and that has never happened to me. Sorry to hear about your issues.

Thanks. They got in touch and I think the issue is on its way to being resolved. There are a couple of issues in play:

1) It is not possible globally edit one's user settings from a desktop computer, as there's no real login feature at their website. User information can only be edited when a reservation is made.

2) As far as I can tell -- and they have not advised otherwise -- there is no Reserve app for android, only for apple, so there may be a way to globally edit one's user settings through the app but it is not available to me.

Still, none of this explains why my reservations are being canceled, as I've already been informed that unanswered confirmations coming to me (or not coming to me) would not result in cancellations.

=R=
    Why don't you take these profiteroles and put them up your shi'-ta-holes? --Jemaine & Bret

• Post #5 - October 19th, 2017, 8:39 am
    Post #5 - October 19th, 2017, 8:39 am Post #5 - October 19th, 2017, 8:39 am
    Ronnie this scares me a bit as we are going to reserve from opentable November 1 at Pearls. I will be having meetings with them soon and will make sure to show them your frustrations. Thanks!
    Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans?...........Louis Armstrong
  • Post #6 - October 19th, 2017, 9:33 am
    Post #6 - October 19th, 2017, 9:33 am Post #6 - October 19th, 2017, 9:33 am
    My problem was partially self-inflicted. At one point, on one of my computers, I typo'd when entering my phone number while making a reservation. Because there is no actual login feature from desktop computers, this problem recurred, via auto-fill, each time I made reservations from this one machine. That's why it was happening often but not each time. Going forward, until their interface changes, and until they relaunch their android app, I'll remember to check the phone number field carefully before reserving.

Flash forward to the support, which could not have been better. These folks are prompt, thorough, effective and remarkably friendly. Danny, I think you and your customers will be in most excellent hands with reserve.com

=R=

• Post #7 - October 19th, 2017, 12:42 pm
    Post #7 - October 19th, 2017, 12:42 pm Post #7 - October 19th, 2017, 12:42 pm
    ronnie_suburban wrote:1) It is not possible globally edit one's user settings from a desktop computer, as there's no real login feature at their website. User information can only be edited when a reservation is made.

To me the alternatives to Opentable (reserve.com is one of several, including resy.com tocktix.com and yelpreservations.com) are very diner UNfriendly, because most don't provide the ability to log on, view your reservations, and make it easy to modify or cancel them. I hope they incorporate those features at some point, because without them I hate using them.
  • Post #8 - November 3rd, 2018, 6:59 am
    Post #8 - November 3rd, 2018, 6:59 am Post #8 - November 3rd, 2018, 6:59 am
    Resy Acquires Reserve, in the Fierce Tussle Over Restaurant Reservations

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/02/dini ... tions.html
    "At a formal dinner party, the person nearest death should always be seated closest to the bathroom." George Carlin
  • Post #9 - November 5th, 2018, 12:28 pm
    Post #9 - November 5th, 2018, 12:28 pm Post #9 - November 5th, 2018, 12:28 pm
    It's clear its now OpenTable versus Resy. The rest are just a few stringers on...

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more