LTH Home

Red & White Wines' Wine Bar

Red & White Wines' Wine Bar
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Red & White Wines' Wine Bar

Post #1 - February 14th, 2017, 10:46 pm
    Post #1 - February 14th, 2017, 10:46 pm Post #1 - February 14th, 2017, 10:46 pm
    I have some exciting news I'd love to pass along. Red and White Wines has purchased the former deli space next door from its shop and is in the process of turning it into a wine bar. Plans are to be open in early March (knock on wood). I will be running the kitchen and I am very excited to work with the wonderful team at R&W; hopefully putting out some good food to go along with an amazing wine list. I will post updates as they progress. I hope you all can stop by at some point!

1861 N. Milwaukee Ave
    http://redandwhitewineschicago.com
  • Post #2 - February 15th, 2017, 12:13 am
    Post #2 - February 15th, 2017, 12:13 am Post #2 - February 15th, 2017, 12:13 am
    gocubs88 wrote:I have some exciting news I'd love to pass along. Red and White Wines has purchased the former deli space next door from its shop and is in the process of turning it into a wine bar. Plans are to be open in early March (knock on wood). I will be running the kitchen and I am very excited to work with the wonderful team at R&W ;hopefully putting out some good food to go along with an amazing wine list. I will post updates as they progress. I hope you all can stop by at some point!

1861 N. Milwaukee Ave
    http://redandwhitewineschicago.com

Thanks for letting us know and disclosing up front that you're involved with the project.

=R=
    for the Moderators
    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain

Another beer before happy hour to put me in the mood for drinkin', uh huh huh, oh, forget thinkin' --Beaver Nelson

I find it a matter of note that in New York or Terre Haute, school cookies always seem to be oatmeal --Mr. French
  • Post #3 - February 16th, 2017, 10:14 pm
    Post #3 - February 16th, 2017, 10:14 pm Post #3 - February 16th, 2017, 10:14 pm
    I f'n love Red and White, and have been anticipating this opening for a while. It's by far my favorite place for pairings. Whether it be takeout, byo or home cooking, just go in tell them what you're eating, how much you want to spend, and you'll get 2-5 enthusiastic recommendations. They've nailed everything from multi-course dinners at Schwa and Bon Soirée (sheds tear) to makeshift pasta with canned tuna and even an oyster shucking party. My father in law is a huge wino (two cellars), and Red and White is his number one. It's a mandatory stop every time he visits. Also, they play jazz. More places should play jazz.

We look forward to the menu, Chef.
    "We eat slowly and with gusto." - Paul Bäumer in AQOTWF
  • Post #4 - February 16th, 2017, 11:41 pm
    Post #4 - February 16th, 2017, 11:41 pm Post #4 - February 16th, 2017, 11:41 pm
    I got a good glimpse of the space today when I was in picking up some wine. It looks very inviting and comfortable, a natural extension of the vibe in the shop. I look forward to checking it out when it opens. I also met gocubs88, who was in the space working. Nice to meet you! :)

The shop is great but I think it's probably better for it to have its own thread in either Shopping & Cooking or Something To Drink. I'll try to start one soon, unless someone else gets to it first.

=R=

Another beer before happy hour to put me in the mood for drinkin', uh huh huh, oh, forget thinkin' --Beaver Nelson

I find it a matter of note that in New York or Terre Haute, school cookies always seem to be oatmeal --Mr. French
  • Post #5 - January 5th, 2018, 11:07 am
    Post #5 - January 5th, 2018, 11:07 am Post #5 - January 5th, 2018, 11:07 am
    An email I received the other day informed me that the wine bar is now open for business.

in an email, Red & White Wines wrote:

2018 at R&W

Happy new year!

We are pleased to announce that our bar is (at last!)
    open for business.

The January hours in the bar will be:

Thursday, Friday & Saturday
    4pm - midnight

The bar will offer a food menu as well as wines by the glass and bottle. We will also offer beer and some top-notch spirits. We will not be taking reservations.

We are grateful for all of your support as we've gone through this process. We cannot wait to welcome you at the bar!

This exciting new offering requires our dedicated attention, and we will therefore be putting Thursday night tastings on hold for the near future. We welcome you to stop in the bar for a glass - our list will rotate and offer some really special wines.

Saturday tastings are getting an upgrade. They will be moving up from 1- 4pm, to border the opening hours of the bar. In response to the interest in more educational opportunities, and in an effort to continue to bring in new, exceptional wines, we've decided to go deeper with our tasting program. This requires that we ask $10/person. This $10 may be put towards any purchase that day. If you have any questions about tastings, please let us know. We will be sending out an email about this Saturday's Italian job with Mac. We are really excited about the tasting line-up for the rest of winter and spring and hope you will join us.

We appreciate your understanding as we grow. So often we remark at how wonderful our customers are. We are truly lucky to have the support of so many passionate, thoughtful and considerate clients.

Our heartfelt thanks,

Red & White

=R=

• Post #6 - January 17th, 2018, 5:33 pm
    Post #6 - January 17th, 2018, 5:33 pm Post #6 - January 17th, 2018, 5:33 pm
    More on the recently opened wine bar via Joseph Hernandez at the Trib's website . . .

It’s taken some time, but Red & White Wine Bar is finally open.

Quietly opened to the public on Jan. 4, the spacious, European-style wine bar adjoins the 10-year-old retail space of the same name. Don’t expect to see the same bottles, though.
    “Nathan has cellared and stocked cases of precious, allocated and interesting wines since opening in 2008,” says Cub Dimling, who co-owns the bar with Nathan Adams. “These are wines that you’ll only find if you sit at the bar to drink.”

Opening the bar was a natural evolution to the work being done in the retail space, Adams said. “I’ve always had it in my mind to open this space, to serve wines that we love, that I’ve been squirreling away.” Focused on natural, biodynamic and small-production wines — “real wines of nature,” said Dimling — Red & White differentiates itself from box stores with wines that tell stories. “Our motivation has always been to showcase producers, the families who grow the grapes and make the wines. They’re who we serve.”

Long-awaited Red & White Wine Bar now open in Bucktown

=R=

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more