LTH Home

Knife and Tine opening June 10

Knife and Tine opening June 10
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Knife and Tine opening June 10

Post #1 - May 8th, 2014, 6:22 pm
    Post #1 - May 8th, 2014, 6:22 pm Post #1 - May 8th, 2014, 6:22 pm
    I for one am super excited about the opening of Knife and Tine. The stuff the guys at Baume and Brix were doing was awesome and it was by far my favorite restaurant in the city at that time. I hope Kife and Tine under the direction of Nate Park can produce the quality and innovative cuisine that Baume and Brix did. Still waiting to see what Thomas Elliott Bowman does next but this is really exciting for that group. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

1417 W. Fullerton Ave
    Chicago, IL
  • Post #2 - May 8th, 2014, 9:14 pm
    Post #2 - May 8th, 2014, 9:14 pm Post #2 - May 8th, 2014, 9:14 pm
    Myself as well; I love Chef Park's cooking and was really sad when Baume and Brix shuttered. Really looking forward to dining at Knife & Tine in the near future.
    Twitter: @Goof_2
  • Post #3 - June 15th, 2014, 1:26 pm
    Post #3 - June 15th, 2014, 1:26 pm Post #3 - June 15th, 2014, 1:26 pm
    Had the pleasure of dining on Friday and the food and service was outstanding. The food was reminiscent of Baume and Brix with sweet and savory being intermingled. I had the gnudi and the cup o ramen as well as the surf and turf and the fruity pebble pie. My wife had the cheese ball and escolar. The cup o ramen was amazing, playing on the crisp then soft ramen and a delicate piece of black cod. The flavors and everything worked great and it was a lot of fun. Everything ran very smoothly even though they had only been open for 4 days. We cant wait to go back to try the rest of the menu.
  • Post #4 - June 15th, 2014, 3:15 pm
    Post #4 - June 15th, 2014, 3:15 pm Post #4 - June 15th, 2014, 3:15 pm
    bhovsepian wrote:Had the pleasure of dining on Friday and the food and service was outstanding. The food was reminiscent of Baume and Brix with sweet and savory being intermingled. I had the gnudi and the cup o ramen as well as the surf and turf and the fruity pebble pie. My wife had the cheese ball and escolar. The cup o ramen was amazing, playing on the crisp then soft ramen and a delicate piece of black cod. The flavors and everything worked great and it was a lot of fun. Everything ran very smoothly even though they had only been open for 4 days. We cant wait to go back to try the rest of the menu.

I had a very similar experience to you Saturday (even ordered similarly). I loved the ramen; incredible dish. Also experienced friendly and impressively smooth service for a venue open less than a week. I loved the space when it was a Sprout, and Knife & Tine just did some tweaks to make it their own. The space is still beautiful (especially the front room) with perhaps the only drawback being two tops are a tad on the small side. Other than the cocktail menu still being developed and three dishes not yet being available everything was in full swing.

Chef Thomas Elliot Bowman is also working in the kitchen, so there are two Baume & Brix/Moto alumni. The creativity and flavors definitely are reminiscent of Baume & Brix, but the setting of Knife & Tine is more neighborhood bistro. While at first glimpse the menu seems a bit all over the place, the titles of some of the dishes are more inspirations than literal (i.e Cup-O-Ramen) but the execution, whimsy and flavors are vintage Chef Park. Definitely a nice addition to the Lincoln Park dining scene; interesting, unique, quality, moderately priced food in a friendly setting.
  • Post #5 - July 25th, 2014, 3:47 pm
    Post #5 - July 25th, 2014, 3:47 pm Post #5 - July 25th, 2014, 3:47 pm
    Seems like things didn't go so well during the Time Out reviewer's visits.

http://www.timeout.com/chicago/restaurants/knife-tine-1

Even a slam on Yelpers to finish it off.
  • Post #6 - October 22nd, 2014, 9:27 pm
    Post #6 - October 22nd, 2014, 9:27 pm Post #6 - October 22nd, 2014, 9:27 pm
    Sadly Chefs Nate Park and Thomas Elliott Bowman (as well as some additional back-of-the-house personnel) have departed Knife & Tine. They are reconcepting the menu and have brought in Chef Ginn from Davanti Enoteca. I believe that as of now only one prior iNG/Moto chef remains; she did pastry at iNG but has been doing savory at K&T. I wish Knife & Tine luck, but they have really lost a lot of talent. Best wishes to Chefs Park, Bowman and the rest who have left in quickly landing nice new opportunities. Upset that K&T did not pan out; had such a nice meal there previously and was planning on returning soon - the venue had so much promise.

Here is an article in Eater about the changes: http://chicago.eater.com/2014/10/22/703 ... k#comments
  • Post #7 - May 9th, 2018, 4:53 pm
    Post #7 - May 9th, 2018, 4:53 pm Post #7 - May 9th, 2018, 4:53 pm
    After nearly four years in Lincoln Park, Knife & Tine has announced it will close next month.

https://chicago.eater.com/2018/5/9/1733 ... ng-shutter
    Never order barbecue in a place that also serves quiche - Lewis Grizzard

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more