LTH Home

Penang Arlington Heights

Penang Arlington Heights
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - January 31st, 2016, 1:20 pm
    Post #31 - January 31st, 2016, 1:20 pm Post #31 - January 31st, 2016, 1:20 pm
    Sweet Willie wrote:The specials contained some interesting items I had not seen before, such as beef with stinky bean. I'm intrigued as to what stinky bean is and will likely try for lunch sometime this coming week.

Those must be sator beans. Thanks for the heads up -- I'm a fan of both sator beans and Penang and will try to make it over there soon.
  • Post #32 - January 31st, 2016, 2:34 pm
    Post #32 - January 31st, 2016, 2:34 pm Post #32 - January 31st, 2016, 2:34 pm
    cilantro wrote:
    Sweet Willie wrote:The specials contained some interesting items I had not seen before, such as beef with stinky bean. I'm intrigued as to what stinky bean is and will likely try for lunch sometime this coming week.

Those must be sator beans. Thanks for the heads up -- I'm a fan of both sator beans and Penang and will try to make it over there soon.

I've had them in Thai dishes before (back in the day at TAC Quick). I believe one of the reasons they're called stinky beans is because they have an effect similar to asparagus.

=R=
    That don't impress me much --Shania Twain

Another beer before happy hour to put me in the mood for drinkin', uh huh huh, oh, forget thinkin' --Beaver Nelson

I find it a matter of note that in New York or Terre Haute, school cookies always seem to be oatmeal --Mr. French
  • Post #33 - November 11th, 2017, 10:27 am
    Post #33 - November 11th, 2017, 10:27 am Post #33 - November 11th, 2017, 10:27 am
    Penang no longer offers chicken rendang, that's ok, the lamb version is well worthwhile and was a nice meal to cap a hell of a week. (beef version is available as well)
    I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.
  • Post #34 - November 11th, 2017, 8:02 pm
    Post #34 - November 11th, 2017, 8:02 pm Post #34 - November 11th, 2017, 8:02 pm
    Sweet Willie wrote:Penang no longer offers chicken rendang, that's ok, the lamb version is well worthwhile and was a nice meal to cap a hell of a week. (beef version is available as well)

I like the beef rendang so well, I never even noticed they had chicken rendang. Maybe that was a common reaction -- and maybe why it's off the menu. However, after your note, I'm going to scope out the lamb rendang -- haven't had that yet.
    "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." Ronald Reagan

http://midwestmaize.wordpress.com

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more