LTH Home

GT Fish and Oyster

GT Fish and Oyster
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • GT Fish and Oyster

- November 27th, 2011, 1:52 pm
    - November 27th, 2011, 1:52 pm Post #1 - November 27th, 2011, 1:52 pm
    We went on Friday, it wasn't terribly busy on Black Friday, so even though we arrived early for our reservation, they were able to seat us immediately.

I had an OG Johnny lemonade (strawberry, ginger beer) which was good (my original choice of blackberry was out), whereas my husband's Harvest lemonade with apple cider and pomegranate was great.

We started with a dozen oysters of which the Penn Cove were the best. All were fresh, meaty, and satisfying. The pork belly sliders with peanut and kimchi were also excellent. I really enjoyed the shallots and buttery buns contrasted against the rich pork belly. Less successful was the tuna poke, which needed soy sauce. The preserved mango slices and cucumber slices were difficult to eat as well. Overall, this dish didn't really taste like Hawaiian poke. We finished with the lobster mac and cheese with English peas. This was a tasty and straightforward dish. I questioned the use of shells instead of elbows, and I felt the sauce could be a little thicker, but I liked the panko crust and perfectly cooked lobster. This was also a bit difficult and messy to share. Overall, a good lunch choice near our hotel, and convenient.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more