LTH Home

GT Fish and Oyster

GT Fish and Oyster
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • GT Fish and Oyster

- November 21st, 2011, 11:40 am
    - November 21st, 2011, 11:40 am Post #1 - November 21st, 2011, 11:40 am
    We went with a big group (10 of us at one of the large tables) two Sundays ago for a birthday of a good friend. There was a little bit of drama with making the reservations and some adjustments, but overall my friend got everything settled. Upon arrival, our table was ready, but we waited for more of the group to arrive in the bar area and ordered a nice bottle of rose to share while waiting. Everyone was very gracious and accommodating.

Space was very well done, I enjoyed the time to scope out things a bit (also pleasantly surprised to see two TVs in the bar area as it was the end of a good Bears game - sounds like they aren't always on, but glad to see they know us Chicagoans do not like to miss our Bears).

Given our large party, we tried MANY things. I don't know how I feel about the somewhat forced "shared plates", esp. when in such a big party - not every dish is going to make it around such a large party - but we soldiered on and did get to taste many things. Our party was not into the raw bar / oysters that evening, so mostly stuck to cold/hot "apps" and "entrees". Generally found most items to be quite tasty - the fish and chips were incredible - I would go back alone for a repeat )

Prices were a little high given the smaller sizes, but we were out on a Sunday and kept the bar tab in check, so we didn't get too out of hand.

Finally, upon sitting down and getting settled, we noticed a small envelop tucked into one of the table arrangements. It was a $20 gift card to the birthday person, to be used on a future visit. That was very nice, esp. given some of the issues during the reservation process and I'm sure my friend will make good use of it.

miss ellen

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more