LTH Home

Pili.Pili

Pili.Pili
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Pili.Pili

Post #1 - June 10th, 2004, 5:08 pm
    Post #1 - June 10th, 2004, 5:08 pm Post #1 - June 10th, 2004, 5:08 pm
    Last night I went to Pili.Pili with a friend that was in town. I've been once before, maybe November of last year. We wanted to try Frontera Grill but when they quoted us a 1h45min wait (with like 2 couples standing around - come on, give me a break) we decided to leave. We walked over to Pili.Pili who seated us immediately.

I was surprised at how empty the restaurant was to be honest. It was later, approaching 9pm, so that is part of it I'm sure. Last time I was there it was a full house though. At any rate the service was top notch, the wine list has been slightly improved though I still think it is just an OK list. They started their new menu yesterday and the choices were excellent. Also, I should note, one thing I like about this place is how it is warm and inviting yet modern and crisp looking. If you go with just 2-4 of you, request a booth when you make a reservation.

We split the oyster appetizer which was a half dozen beautiful meaty oysters served with a champagne mignonette sauce. Lovely and unusual.

I had the pepper tuna which had just the right amount of peppercorns to add to the tuna but not distract. Served with saffron risotto and some veggies.

My friend had duck with a honey and lavender glazeuce
  • Post #2 - June 10th, 2004, 5:14 pm
    Post #2 - June 10th, 2004, 5:14 pm Post #2 - June 10th, 2004, 5:14 pm
    Spa-Girl, I think the place has slowed down since the founding chef left to explore the Appalachain Trail. Good to hear that the replacement hasn't missed a beat.
  • Post #3 - June 10th, 2004, 11:54 pm
    Post #3 - June 10th, 2004, 11:54 pm Post #3 - June 10th, 2004, 11:54 pm
    I had a very good lunch at Pili Pili a few weeks ago.
    Herb Fried Oysters, Spicy Lamb Merguez Sausage, Sweet Piquillo Pepper Remoulade
    The main course was a special - cumin dusted soft shell crabs with coucous. The crabs weren't as melt-in-your-mouth as the ones I recently had at North Pond, but they were still very good.

It wasn't crowded, but it seem to be doing a good lunch crowd.
  • Post #4 - June 11th, 2004, 8:17 am
    Post #4 - June 11th, 2004, 8:17 am Post #4 - June 11th, 2004, 8:17 am
    kiplog - I love the photos! Very nice!
  • Post #5 - June 11th, 2004, 8:43 am
    Post #5 - June 11th, 2004, 8:43 am Post #5 - June 11th, 2004, 8:43 am
    The chef participated in Feast of the Senses last weekend, and made a very tasty Provencal soup. He seems like a nice guy, and will be doing a dinner at Kendall College on August 9

For more info on that dinner, and others at Kendall, see http://www.kendall.edu/index.cfm/fuseac ... er2004.cfm
    Leek

SAVING ONE DOG may not change the world,
    but it CHANGES THE WORLD for that one dog.
    American Brittany Rescue always needs foster homes. Please think about helping that one dog. http://www.americanbrittanyrescue.org

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more