LTH Home

Podhalanka Polish Restaurant [Pictures]

Podhalanka Polish Restaurant [Pictures]
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • - April 10th, 2013, 10:25 pm
    - April 10th, 2013, 10:25 pm Post #31 - April 10th, 2013, 10:25 pm
    turkob wrote:I know there have been some less than pleasant experiences at Podhalanka lately.

Jefe wrote:It pains me to report that I had an icky experience there yesterday (the first in 10+ years of loving the place). It was the first time (that I can recall) that I wasn't served by Helena, but rather by the man that I see around there pretty regularly.

Jefe wrote:Just like any long term relationship, you have your ups and downs and in the end of the day learn to compromise. I couldn't stay mad at Podhalanka- THE GUY or no THE GUY, so I decided to get proactive with him.

Ever since I laid the law down about a year ago, "the guy" and I are on convivial terms. In fact, I have learned to like and respect him and not in a Stockholm syndrome type of way. I think he's laid off the huckster schtick– one of my 18 yo students, albeit a no-nonsense kinda gal, had her first lunch there the other day and other than thinking it was obnoxious that he suggested ordering soup, she reported that he did not hustle her group any further. I have personally had no further problems with him, in fact he always treats me like a regular at this point. While enjoying my standard lunch order of white borscht and sauerkraut/mushroom pierogies a few weeks ago, I witnessed a touching interaction between "the guy" and a down-and-out denizen of the Polish Triangle– he served him rounds of soup and coffee, would not accept his money, and sent him off with a doggy bag to last until the following Monday, reminding him that they would be closed on Sunday and would need a meal that day. Now that's a great neighborhood restaurant.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more