LTH Home

Recommendations Near Wrigley

Recommendations Near Wrigley
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
    Page 2 of 2 
  • Post #31 - April 13th, 2018, 11:36 am
    Post #31 - April 13th, 2018, 11:36 am Post #31 - April 13th, 2018, 11:36 am
    Binko wrote:(ETA: I think there is needs to be an internet rule, as with pretty much every internet message board I've belonged to, that when a post starts "I can't believe no one has mentioned XXX," that XXX has, in fact, been mentioned.)

:lol:

pudgym29 wrote:Some threads here on LTHF remark on how much of a jump it was between replies (I think the record here is 10½ years.).

That was the record at one point, but last June this 12½ year bump appeared. Fortunately, ...
    pudgym29 wrote:I am not complaining about being corrected

:D
  • Post #32 - April 13th, 2018, 2:09 pm
    Post #32 - April 13th, 2018, 2:09 pm Post #32 - April 13th, 2018, 2:09 pm
    I think both are right on this. On shorter threads, people should at least read them or even use Ctrl+F to search for a keyword to see if it had been mentioned. But pudgym is right as well. On the really long threads you aren't going to look through every page before you post about something that might have been mentioned. Usually someone will say "Sorry if this was mentioned before..." which is usually the accepted way rather than the assumptive "I can't believe no one has mentioned..." So we got you on that one pudgym! :wink:
  • Post #33 - April 13th, 2018, 8:34 pm
    Post #33 - April 13th, 2018, 8:34 pm Post #33 - April 13th, 2018, 8:34 pm
    Oh, I meant it all in good fun, a little bit of razzing. It's just something I've noticed across message boards and Facebook and it amuses me somewhat and I'm surprised there isn't a name for it (like Skitt's Law/Muphry's Law/Gaudere's Law that states any post correcting spelling or grammar will/is likely to contain a spelling or grammar error itself.) I have certainly been a victim of it myself.

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events

more