LTH Home

Candlelite, Zaffiro's, Vito and Nick's [Pictures] ~Long~

Candlelite, Zaffiro's, Vito and Nick's [Pictures] ~Long~
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • Candlelite, Zaffiro's, Vito and Nick's [Pictures] ~Long~

- October 30th, 2004, 11:46 am
    - October 30th, 2004, 11:46 am Post #1 - October 30th, 2004, 11:46 am
    Cathy2 wrote:The pizza was as glorious as described by everyone else.

C2,

Glad you enjoyed Candlelite, it's fast becoming one of my favorite places. Not sure what happened with the garlic fries. I order garlic fries as is off the menu, no special instructions, aside from asking for the fries crisp. The three times I've had them each time they have been lightly dressed with red wine vinaigrette and loaded with fresh garlic.

Speaking of pizza, Ellen, Peter D and I went to John's Pizza on N Western, that Atalissa mentioned. I quite enjoyed the thin crust pizza, though I did ask for the pizza well done to insure crisp crust. Truthfully, John's is not replacing Candlelite, Vito and Nick's or even Marie's for thin crust, but if I lived near John's it certainly would be my go-to place for take-out or pie on the fly.

Agreed also that the place is cool as hell, in an odd sort of way. Possibly the fact there were a number of people in full-on Halloween costumes helped, atmosphere wise.

I also might have been more receptive to John's atmosphere as, before we met Peter at John's, Ellen and I had drinks at Salud with friends of Ellen's. Salud is not really my kind of place, though it might be if I was younger, unmarried and looking for attractive women who enjoyed doing shots of overpriced tequila while bass heavy music pulsed in the background.

By the way, thanks Mike G for the John's Pizza address On-Star service. :)

Enjoy,
    Gary

John's Pizza & Lounge
    2104 N. Western
    Chicago
    773-384-1755

Salud
    1471 N Milwaukee
    Chicago
    773-486-0686

Contact

About