LTH Home

10 Things about Jimmy’s Place, Forest Park

10 Things about Jimmy’s Place, Forest Park
  • Forum HomePost Reply BackTop
  • 10 Things about Jimmy’s Place, Forest Park

- August 31st, 2011, 12:50 pm
    - August 31st, 2011, 12:50 pm Post #1 - August 31st, 2011, 12:50 pm
    Yes indeed, I did film at Jimmy's and IMHO, they have the best thing crust sausage pizza. However great the pizza is, we focused on the Vesuvio. Crispy, dry-herb laden skin. Oily, garlicky, lemony...my main inspiration for the vesuvio sandwich I make on that particular episode. My family has religiously supported Jimmy's since day one and it was a honor to showcase a great, family-run neighborhood restaurant.

Also, I said this in another thread but I will reiterate: LTH is the single most visited website on my laptop, and has been for many years. Although my posts are infrequent, I am an obsessive lurker. That being said, to have the support of the LTH'ers as I attempt to woo the nation with my new show, would mean the world to me. My goal from day one was to represent Chicago on the Food Network. Since the Hardy Boys, our city has not had much air time on FN, aside from travel shows showcasing Al's, Gino's and Weiner Circle for the 3-dozenth time. God willing, they give me a second season. AT that point I need enough locations for a 13 episode run. When that time comes, LTH will be my first stop for research and ideas (other than my chubby brain).

The show is a somewhat unique and refreshingly irreverent take (at least for FN) on food and sandwiches and what I believe, a fine representation of everything this city stands for. Give it a shot if you can, it's on on Sunday mornings just in time for lunch.

Go Team!

Jeff Mauro
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Contact

About

Team

Advertize

Close

Chat

Articles

Guide

Events